Youth Advocate-Bilingual (9324)
Hillside Work Scholarship Connection (HW-SC) is recruiting for Bilingual Youth Advocate in Rochester!
This is a full time position Monday - Friday days and some occasional evening hours as needed.
HW-SC is a nationally-recognized youth development program helping at-risk youth stay in school and graduate from high school with the skills and confidence necessary to enter college or the workforce.
The Youth Advocate actively provides support and mentoring to assigned youth in the Hillside Work-Scholarship Connection program using the best practices of a youth development model to assist each student achieving positive academic outcomes, attain successful employment experience and graduate from high school.
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Assists in the identification and selection of youth who have the personal characteristics to become successful participants in the Work-Scholarship Connection (HW-SC) program.
- Regularly interacts with HW-SC participants in their academic environment to assist with the development of study, time-management skills and the development of life skills training.
- Conducts family and parental/guardian contacts via home visits or by phone to ensure that the parent/guardian is informed of, and is in agreement with, the service goals identified for their child.
- Continually demonstrates the emotional confidence and good judgment required to develop productive, engaged youth, and well as to develop enhanced school and parent/guardian relationships while adhering to policy and identified best practices.
- Be an adept communicator at all levels, recognizing issues and situations that could require notification and communications to others.
- Completes all assigned responsibilities including being on call, taking field trips, planning, implementing and chaperoning events, developing improvement plans for students with regard to grades, and all required written and verbal documentation, reports and log entries into the ETO system.
- Provides individual student support and group training in a wide variety of topics that provide HW-SC participants with the social, life, academic and employment skills that enable success.
- Ability to maintain an active case load based on enrollment targets by recruiting new students and retaining existing students
Requirements: Candidates must be Bilingual Spanish and English (speak, read and write). Associates degree and 2 years’ relevant experience working with youth and their families is required. Bachelor's degree is preferred. Candidates must have a valid NY State Driver's License and must meet agency driving and insurance standards.
To apply email resume and application part A to email@example.com, job number 9324 in subject line.