Top Security and Fire alarm company come Join our team!
Security or Fire Alarm Technician
Our company is consistently nationally ranked in the top 35 in a widely recognized Industry publication, Security Distributing & Marketing Magazine (SDM). The publication ranks the top 100 Security Dealers in the Country on an annual basis. General Security is privately family owned organization, looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
We have a need for skilled fire and security technicians with experience and strong work ethics. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skill level. Factory training may be provided on our premier product offerings including but not limited to FCI/Gamewell, Lenel, Pelco and Interlogix, Bosch, Qolsys, DSC, Alarm.com and Honeywell. Candidate duties will include installing and servicing Access control, Fire, Intrusion/Burglary, & CCTV Systems. Technicians may also work on network based systems, including IP video solutions, or network based access control solutions. Technicians will service, maintain, and install these systems working both independently, and as part of a team. Candidate will work primarily on commercial/industrial accounts and will also be part of our on call rotation.
- Ability to troubleshoot, service, repair, modify and replace Fire, Access or Security Alarm Systems.
- Field experience at Testing, Inspecting & Trouble Shooting Systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of NFPA, NEC, and local applicable codes
- NICET, a plus.
- Basic Working knowledge of NFPA, and experience with wet, dry and pre-action systems, not required but a plus
- A solid DMV record with no moving violations.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong communication skills and a self-motivated individual.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with moderate supervision a must.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment; ability to accurately work under pressure in meeting scheduled time frames.
- Proven electrical skills, the ability to read and understand documents, a strong understanding of how things work and operate together in a Service environment.
- Previous work with monitoring is a huge plus.
- Inspecting, testing, programming, and servicing Fire Alarm Systems.
- Preparing accurate and timely service tickets and reports.
- Daily on-site Office/Shop contact to assure communication of materials and assignments.
- Daily communications with service supervisor and/or Schedule Coordinator on inspection or project delays, requirements and general status of job.
- Willing to be on-call after hours for emergency service requests.
- Safe use and operation of hand tools and powered hand tools.
- Willingness to acquire added responsibilities for servicing and maintaining Fire Suppression systems.
- Must be able to work at heights and lift at least 50-75 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Opportunity for Overtime
- 401K plan with company matching contributions
- On the job training and certifications
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year