We are looking for your keen eyes!
Quality Assurance Technician, B-Shift 3 pm to 11:30 pm
Optimax Systems, Inc. is a world leader in manufacturing small volume, high quality optical components. Our unique, fun corporate culture of teamwork, innovation and agility provides a dynamic work environment. Join us on a lifelong adventure of learning and creating value through your hard work. Some full-time employee benefits include: Profit Sharing Plan - 25% of company’s pre-tax profits, 80 hours of paid time off in your first year and 100% tuition assistance toward pre-approved educational expenses. Our off-shift employees receive a differential wage of a 10% increase from the A-Shift rate for B-Shift (3 pm to 11:30 pm) and 15% increase for C-Shift (11 pm to 7:30 am).
Quality Assurance Technician
Inspects precision optical lenses and other optical components to ensure standards have been met. Uses measuring and test equipment. Records test data for department records. Follows all quality control procedures and work instructions.
- Measure and record lens dimensions, such as thickness, radius of curvature and surface figure/roughness
- Verify all data collection is correct for in-process data sheets
- Conduct quality reviews to verify inspection processes are being carried out
- Communicate with employees when an error in material is identified
- Must be available to work off-shift hours with occasional Saturday/Sunday work hours
- Ability to understand blueprints and specification sheets
- Able to use measurement equipment such as micrometers, calipers, and drop gauges
- Quickly prioritize workload according to the schedule
- Able to assess complex issues, develop and implement solutions
- Competent with basic Microsoft PC applications
High school diploma or GED required
If you are a qualified candidate for this position, please complete the online application at http://www.optimaxsi.com/careers/
(EEO) Optimax must comply with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) issued by the United States Department of State, Department of Defense Trade Controls. Because of ITAR, the company must limit employment opportunities to the following eligible categories, (1) a citizen or national of the U.S., (2) a lawful permanent resident, (3) citizen admitted as a refugee, or (4) citizen who has been granted asylum. Optimax is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Optimax will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.