Looking for Environmental Project Supervisors
Sun Environmental Corp. is currently looking for an energetic individual to become a Project Supervisor at our Rochester, NY office. Projects would include, but not limited to, remediation work, industrial cleaning, tank cleaning, decontaminating equipment, maintenance, site inspections, packaging waste, and many others.
Candidates would need to have Supervisory experience in an environmental, construction, industrial or emergency services background along with a High school diploma, or equivalent (GED), reading and writing skills, a valid driver’s license, willingness to work inside or outside in all temperatures and conditions, available for after hour emergency response, willing to learn and grow with a rapidly expanding environmental company that services greater NY state as well as surrounding states. 40 Hour Haz-whopper, OSHA 10-hour, DOT/RCRA, lead awareness, fall protection, heavy equipment operation experience, CDL A or B would be a big plus.
Project Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to set daily goals and effectively communicate to employees.
- Knowledge of essential equipment and the ability to properly oversee employee’s operation of equipment.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, including the ability to spot safety issues and efficiently correct them.
- Respond to requests and concerns of clients appropriately and communicate all information to Project Managers and company executives.
- Professionally motivate and train employees.
- Keep and maintain field notes in a legible manner.
- Implement company policies and procedures.
- Be willing to perform additional responsibilities upon request.
Excellent starting pay, opportunities for over-time and advancement, company paid uniforms, steady work and a great working atmosphere, benefit package, health, dental, vision, vacation, boot allowance, and retirement available after probationary period.