Growing FUN Company looking for YOUR technical knowledge!
Manufacturing Maintenance Technician, Second Shift 3 pm to 11:30
Optimax Systems, Inc. is a world leader in manufacturing small volume, high quality optical components. Our unique, fun corporate culture of teamwork, innovation and agility provides a dynamic work environment. Join us on a lifelong adventure of learning and creating value through your hard work. Some full-time employee benefits include: Profit Sharing Plan - 25% of company’s pre-tax profits, 80 hours of paid time off in your first year and 100% tuition assistance toward pre-approved educational expenses. Our off-shift employees receive a differential wage of a 10% increase from the A-Shift rate for B-Shift (3 pm to 11:30 pm) and 15% increase for C-Shift (11 pm to 7:30 am).
This position is responsible for maintaining all machinery for the fabrication of optics. Performs equipment maintenance and janitorial functions. Analyzes and solves technical maintenance problems. Pending approval of the Maintenance Manager, may arrange contracts for vendor services as relates to maintenance activities.
- Writing and performing preventative maintenance procedures:
- Using a variety of Microsoft applications and digital photography.
- Constructing and maintaining a preventative maintenance schedule for all major pieces of equipment in the factory and executing on it.
- Repair or replacement of defective components in the machinery, and ordering or traveling out of house to get replacement parts as needed and accounting for the costs involved in purchasing through an expense log.
- Create and review projects and work schedules and estimate cost and time requirements for job completion.
- Where time permits assist the Tool Crib and Operations by providing the cells with what they need to be more efficient.
- Clean and maintain machinery and shop.
- Read and interpret blueprints, specification sheets and schematics.
- Create or revise work process instructions.
- Suggest changes to improve process, product, or morale within the company.
- Perform any other function required by the managing staff.
Requirements: Basic Microsoft applications experience is necessary. Familiarity with Hazardous Materials Regulations a plus. 24-hour on-call duty may be required at times.
Education: HS diploma or GED is required. Certifications in electricity/electrician and/or forklift operation desired.
If you are a qualified candidate for this position, please complete the online application at http://www.optimaxsi.com/careers/
(EEO) Optimax must comply with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) issued by the United States Department of State, Department of Defense Trade Controls. Because of ITAR, the company must limit employment opportunities to the following eligible categories, (1) a citizen or national of the U.S., (2) a lawful permanent resident, (3) citizen admitted as a refugee, or (4) citizen who has been granted asylum. Optimax is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Optimax will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.