Customer Service Rep / Debt Counselor
If you have applied to this posting in the last 6 months, please do not resubmit your information
Paid onsite training that will help guide you to success!
No prior collections experience required.
Why become the next Debt Counselor at ConServe? We’re a rapidly growing organization that runs on the outgoing, competitive nature of our team. Come learn why we’ve repeatedly been named one of the Best Call Centers to Work For!
company paid employee health benefits
Lake Employee & Family Picnic
Appreciation Events Year Round
- Employee Wellness Program/Reward
Our Debt Counselors manage
and collect delinquent accounts. Our consultative approach helps Consumers
identify the most suitable way to resolve a balance in the best interest of all
parties. Due to the competitive nature of these contracts, it is imperative
ConServe locates professional individuals who are customer-focused,
enthusiastic, detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
If you're a people-oriented, competitive, outgoing, motivated, positive, team player and problem solver, then you would be a good fit for the ConServe team. We offer best in class uncapped bonus potential, consistent new business, flexible schedules, competitive wages, paid time-off, 401k, 100% ConServe paid employee health benefits and excellent career opportunities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Obtain information from Consumers in order to determine current financial situation and determine solutions
- Provide solutions to Consumers to enable them to resolve their obligation administratively or voluntarily
- Gather proper documentation from Consumers and maintain appropriate follow-up
- Meet daily, weekly and monthly goals as set by management at ConServe
- Daily Productivity – all Debt Counselors will make between 125-200 phone calls per day and work in a call center environment.
- Monthly Recoveries – must achieve ConServe’s monthly targeted performance objectives for collections.
- Route Maintenance – proper management & updating of system to maximize contacts
- Skip-Tracing – to assist in locating & contacting borrowers
- Adherence to ConServe’s Professional Practices Management System (PPMS), Code of Conduct, and Compliance Program
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- The ability to work 8 hour shifts consisting of three (3) days 8 AM - 5 PM or 9 AM - 6 PM and two (2) evenings 12 PM - 9 PM or 1 PM -10 PM.
- Willingness to work one (1) Saturday morning per month preferred.
- Fluent in conversational English and ability to proficiently read and write English
- Six (6) months or more of phone or in person customer interaction experience.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to listen, persuade, negotiate and obtain resolution
- Intermediate computer skills to document calls and navigate software packages, databases and the internet.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to act independently to resolve problems
- Motivation to learn
- Ability to work in a positive, collaborative manner with coworkers
- Ability and history of maintaining confidentiality and high level of trustworthiness.
- Ability and history of interacting well with team members and customers in a professional manner while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Government Security Clearance (Please be advised that upon hire, you may need to go through a State and/or Federal Clearance process. Our Organizational Development team will be available to assist you as you move forward with this process.)
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- No conflicts of interest with ConServe or our Clients
Continental Service Group, Inc., d/b/a ConServe endeavors to make www.conserve-arm.comaccessible to any and all
users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our
website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact
our Recruiting Department at: 585-421-1000, extension 2277 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job except for periodic breaks pursuant to applicable law.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to sit or remain sedentary for your entire work shift (8, 9 or 10 hour shift)
- Ability to talk and listen on a phone for your entire work shift (8, 9 or 10 hour shift
- Ability to type on a computer for your entire work shift (8, 9 or 10 shift)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to the extent required under applicable law to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
ConServe is dedicated to satisfying the needs of our Clients in a manner consistent with improving the human condition, and that will foster the development of long term mutually beneficial relationships with our Clients, our Employees, our Suppliers and Business Partners and the Community as a whole.
Disclaimer: The above job description is not a contractual or binding document; it is provided as a guide to the types of duties required to be undertaken. Duties may vary from time to time and this description is subject to review. Modifications will be made as needed to support changes in the business climate and requirements.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, protected veteran and military status, marital or familial status, physical or mental disability, victim of domestic violence