Come Grow With Us!
Manages the day to day operations of the business office including, budget preparation and financial reports, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, and the agency’s vehicle fleet. Expereince with Medicaid funding is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilites:
- Maintain an efficient, functional accounting system. Oversees financial computer operations. Responsible for general accounting and ledger information for the Agency. Compiles data and coordinates input for general ledger accounting and journal entry preparation. Audits/edits general ledger account information on month-end and year-end reports for accuracy and integrity.
- Responsible for the coordination/preparation of the yearly Agency budget and CBR. Coordinates and prepares the Consolidated Fiscal Report and Quarterly Fiscal Reports. Responsible for the preparation of all financial reports for review by the Finance Director.
- Prepares year end information and works with the independent auditors in providing the necessary information for the annual audited financial statements.
- Monitors individual program budgets on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Consults with appropriate Agency staff on a regular basis regarding fiscal matters.
- Oversees the Agency’s daily/weekly cash flow of general operating.
- Approves bills for payment.
- Understands the fiscal regulations of all funding sources and maintains positive working relationships with each source.
- Participates in Finance Committee meetings.
- Maintains financial management of Southern Tier Industries’ contracts including pricing, costing, and financial control.
- Maintains records of depreciable items, adding new items as they are purchased.
- Oversees the purchasing functions for the agency.
- Oversees the management of the agency vehicles.
- Supervises, coordinates, and trains assigned staff. Prepares and conducts performance evaluations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Finance Director
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration and five years experience in managing the financial department of a non-profit organization.
- Willing to accept equivalent training and experience in lieu of degree.
- Previous supervisory experience and excellent organizational and communication skills required.
- Experience or knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, USG, Great Plains, CFRS, preferred.