About Turning Stone Resort Casino
Celebrating over 25 years of growth and success, Turning Stone Resort Casino is a premier year round, world-class destination resort located just outside of Syracuse, NY. Exceeding 3,400 acres and hosting more than 4.5 million guests a year, Turning Stone offers exceptional experiences, guest service, and amenities in gaming, hospitality, dining and entertainment.
Our resort features 4 hotels with over 700 rooms and features two, award winning hotels, The Lodge (Forbes 4-Star, AAA 4-Diamond) and The Tower Hotel (AAA 4–Diamond). We offer over 20 different food outlets which includes fine dining, casual restaurants, banquets, convenience food options, and confectionary shops. We offer our guests unique fine dining experiences in our Forbes 4-Star / AAA 4-diamond rated restaurant Wildflowers, and our multi-award winning TS Steakhouse. Turning Stone Resort Casino is a world-class casino with over 120,000sf of gaming space including slot machines, table games, Poker and High Stakes Bingo. We have award winning spas, five golf courses (including three nationally-ranked championship courses), an indoor golf training center and tennis facility, 800 seat cabaret-style Showroom, 5,000-seat Event Center, and more than 100,000sf of banquet and conference space. At Turning Stone we offer the ultimate nightlife experience at EXIT 33, our multi-venue nightlife entertainment complex that features a country western bar, rock’n’roll club, a lounge & cocktail bar, and our Vegas style nightclub, LAVA.
Our high volume pastry kitchen prepares the desserts menu for all Restaurants and events at the Resort. We also provide a tempting array of baked goods, cakes, cookies and fudge for our two retail outlet Opals Confectionary.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Directs and oversees the day-to-day operation of the pastry shops/outlets to ensure the best possible service is provided to all guests and employees.
- Ensures all employees are properly trained in the performance of their job duties.
- Assists with managing staffing levels and scheduling to projected business volume.
- Ensures adherence of policies and procedures by all employees.
- Maintain sanitation code adherence and provide 'satisfactory ratings ' in all areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrates the ability effectively oversee and supervise multiple areas.
- Ability to proficiently produce mousseline, chocolate décor, sugar work, center pieces, wedding cake accessories, modern dessert presentations, Viennese items/displays and entremets.
Ideal candidate must have 5 years pastry/bakery supervisory experience; 10 years preferred. Associates Degree in Culinary or Pastry required. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs. ServSafe Certification required.
We offer competitive wages, excellent health benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401K retirement plan, flexible spending accounts and additional employee discounts and amenities.