This position is primarily a payroll processing one, with the expectation of assuming some accounting duties as needed.
Payroll Responsibilities include all aspects of running a payroll, including:
- Processing bi-weekly salaried and hourly employee earnings,
- Activating and submitting of direct deposit
- Management payroll deductions
- Reponding to pay and pay-related questions from employees,
- Submitting federal/state tax payments and quarterly reports,
- Processing monthly retirement reports,
- Creating vendor payments from employee deductions, etc.
Accounting Responsibilities include performing a variety of general accounting tasks including:
- Accounts payable processing
- Bank reconciliations
- Entering data into computer system using defined computer programs
- Compiling data and prepare a variety of reports.
- Competency in Microsoft applications, particularly Excel
- Ability to learn new software programs – most work is performed via industry-specific internet based software
- Organizational, verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is an asset.
Starting Salary $13-$15/hour, commensurate with experience. Rate may be adjusted after 90 day probationary period.
Single health and dental insurance, health savings account, paid holidays. Paid vacation, sick, personal days after one year. 401k plan, with a company match after 1 year.
Any job offer will be contingent upon satisfactory results of a background check.
Located in the village of Catskill, NY, parking available, hours 8:00am-4:00pm Monday-Friday.
Please send resume and two business references with a cover letter that includes a description of the type of work you have performed utilizing Excel to: Payroll/Account Clerk, 385 Main Street, Catskill, NY 12414, by-email to email@example.com, US mail, or stop in to complete an application.
Management Advisory Group is an equal opportunity employer.