Have an accounting degree and want a chance for advancement?
GTel, a 100-year old family owned telecommunications company, located in Germantown, NY provides customers with personalized quality-service. Offering customers Fiber Optic Service, Local and Long-Distance Telephone, High-speed Internet, DSL, and IPTV Digital Video. GTel is actively seeking a Accounting Assistant with growth potential, to join their team.
Reporting to the Company Controller, this position will start out doing entry level clerical duties in support of accounting functions. Successful candidates must have ability/desire to grow into a staff accounting opportunity.
- Responsible for accounts payable; reviews bills for payment, matches with PO and enters into AP system
- Ensures timely reconciliation of invoices; identifies, and contacts vendors to rectify, discrepancies
- Mail approved payments in a timely manner
- Reconciles bank statements, bank accounts and cash accounts
- Posts entries to specified accounts and prepares journal entries
- Checks transactions to eliminate discrepancies
- Handles accounting department mail and vendor contacts
- Reviews, analyzes and interprets financial data
- May prepare financial reports and other duties as assigned
- Ensures compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Associates degree in accounting, finance or relevant field strongly preferred; High School degree & equivalent experience considered
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures a must
- Familiarity with finance regulations required
- Good math skills and the ability to spot numerical errors
- Hands-on experience with MS Excel, Outlook required, and accounting software preferred
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
- Attention-to-detail and prioritizing ability required
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently and part of a team
Gtel is a diversity/inclusion/equal opportunity employer. Send resume with coverletter via this website, today!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $22.00 per hour