- Full Time
- 75,000 Year
- Brenham, TX 77834
Excellent Opportunity Within A Rapidly Growing Organization
Network & Systems IT Manager
The primary roles of this position will be to design, maintain and manage all aspects of the company’s technological information systems including hardware, software, databases, telecommunications and user tactics, as well as identifying and leading implementation of software and internal management systems to efficiently and effectively manage the entire business enterprise.
- Responsible for designing and maintaining the VMware server environment and attached Storage Array Networks. Microsoft and Linux based operating systems.
- Manage and design backups/disaster recovery using Veeam Backup and Replication.
- Network switch design and maintenance including network security and switch configuration. Manage plant and business networks using VLANs.
- Comply with all standard safety practices/guidelines.
- Comply with all company guidelines and policies.
- Responsible for all IT department hardware inventory, software, and licensing for entire company.
- Perform installation, maintenance and end user support for all system software, hardware and network including, but not limited to, accounting and inventory management integration systems.
- Provide training and end user support.
- On call for all IT emergency situations.
- Alignment of IT strategy and planning with company's business goals to support achievement of objectives.
- Collaborates with leadership to set strategic technology and infrastructure planning for all departments.
- Manages the IT Strategic Roadmap to ensure the execution of the strategy and compliance with the strategic direction of our use of IT assets.
- Optimization of information management through an understanding of evolving business needs and technology capabilities.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution or equivalent applicable experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrated progressive experience with servers, data storage and operating systems in a Windows and Linux environment. Disaster recovery, backup systems, virtualization, SAN experience required.
- Network design, configuration, network security, and maintenance experience required.
- Working knowledge of relational database, logical and physical modeling, integration concepts and methods, ERP systems, business intelligence and web technologies.
- IT project management and implementation preferred.
- Wireless configuration, implementation, and management.
- VMware, Backup/Disaster Recovery experience required.
- Ability to understand business needs and clearly document business and functional requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Proven ability to integrate applications and infrastructure environments to address technical problems and develop long-term plans for the organization.
- Skills in communicating functional requirements to technical resources and vice-versa.
- Professional oral and written communication skills. Ability to train and make presentations to both large and small audiences.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Self-motivation skills are important in this team environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to prioritize and grow with company.
- Learn new skills, software, and help all facets of the company.
- Ability to plan IDF placement, fiber/ethernet, and equipment in warehouse.
- Ability to work in fast pace environment and grow with company.
- Ability to problem solve and work with technical support for all software needed for a food manufacturing plant.