- Full Time
- 2704 Texas Ave, College, TX 77840
Join our great team at Vista College!!
Vista College is currently hiring for an Admissions Representative for our College Station, TX campus.
A Local Admissions Representative guides potential students through the process for application for enrollment at Vista College. Local Admissions Representatives provide information about specialized academic programs, and how successful program completion could lead to meeting requirements for employment in those vocations. Additionally, they support applicants’ informed career path decision-making.
This position will conduct a high quantity of prospect phone contacts to secure appointments and interview activity, and conduct follow-up activity with unresolved interviewees and applicants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make outgoing calls as well as take incoming calls.
- Cultivate personally developed lead sources.
- Accurate record keeping in regard to leads and activity.
- All admissions paperwork & reports completed accurately and on time.
- Meet all enrolled students after their appointment with the Financial Aid office.
- Maintain enrolled students through effective follow-up procedures.
- Adhere to work schedules as designated by the director of Local Admissions.
- Participation in School sponsored events and activities.
- Professional representation of Computer Career Center a Division of Vista College.
- Show enthusiasm and excitement in being a Local Admissions Representative.
- Utilize accepted and ethical enrollment practices in relation to accreditation, federal & state rules and regulations.
- Maintain the performance standards and percentages.
- Receives all inquiry calls from potential students and promptly follow-up by setting appointments for a personal interview in an honest caring thorough manner.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Admission's Director President.
- Maintains a lead management system that safeguards the value of the college’s significant investment in marketing.
- Conducts effective phone presentations and interviews with each candidate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Associates degree preferred with one to three years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to evaluate student transcripts and/or records.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the broad spectrum of available college academic units, curricula, and programs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Knowledge of college admissions policies, standards, and procedures.
- Skill in the use of computerized systems and databases.
- Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to design and write promotional material.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Light physical effort. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 10 pounds or some standing or walking. Effort applies to no more than two (2) hours per day.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.