- Full Time
- 111 N. Front St., Yakima, WA 98902
Yakima County Jail
Food Service Worker
Position Summary: The Food Service Worker is responsible for the oversight or delegation of responsibilities within the foodservice operation, such as inventory, customer service, food preparation, and food safety and sanitation procedures. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Prepares and builds food items according to standardized recipes and directions
- Properly stores food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures
- Sets up workstations, including prep tables, service counters, hot wells, steam tables, etc.
- Breaks down, cleans, and sanitizes workstations
- Serves food to customers while ensuring guest satisfaction and anticipating the customers’ needs
- Replenishes food items and ensure the product is stocked to appropriate levels
- Maintains excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards guests, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Adheres to Aramark safety policies and procedures, including proper food safety and sanitation
- Ensures security of company assets
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by the manager
- Must obtain and maintain security clearance
- Previous supervisory experience in a related role preferred
- Previous food service experience required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain food safety certification
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 25lbs