Career Advancement Opportunities Available! Apply Today!
CNC Machinist I
The CNC Operator I position is responsible for operation of various machines where setup has been completed. Performs a variety of fabrication duties including, but not limited to: operating fabrication machines and using these machines in a safe and effective manner while maintaining high quality standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate computer-controlled fabrication machines including punch press, milling machine, saws, and secondary equipment as needed to produce material according to customer’s orders.
- Operator will perform inspection of machined parts by the use of calipers, fixed gages and other various measuring instruments.
- Maintain operation of machine processes. Assisting with tool offsets, tool changes, jaw and fixture changes.
- Performs preventative maintenance to ensure equipment remains in optimal condition.
- Must have the ability to comprehend and perform oral and written instructions and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment for employee and customer traffic.
- Consistently wears required Personal Protective Equipment as required by the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or lead.
Work Environment & Required Personal Protective Equipment:
- Works in a manufacturing environment without climate control.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- Safety glasses, foot protection, ear protection and face shield required.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) Preferred.
- Knowledge of machine operating procedures normally acquired through a minimum of three (3) months of experience in a similar position.
- Must have basic computer entry skills.
- Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Ability to read, count and accurately measure is required.
- Ability to work in a team or independently.
Physical Requirements Analysis:
The physical demands listed below are representative of those that will be required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Medium/Heavy Work - Heavy work involves lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling objects of 50 to 75 pounds, occasionally, 25 to 50 pounds frequently, or 10 to 25 pounds constantly.
This positions also performs significant amounts of bending, reaching, twisting, grasping, and standing.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.