Leading Accounting Position. Permanent + Full Time
Who We Are:
NRG Management is a leading mechanical, hvac, electrical, industrial, and service contractor for the ICI sectors. We are located in Winnipeg, and looking for someone longterm to join our team.
We are seeking to fill our Controller position, which is a full time permanent managerial position.
This position reports to the Vice President, and supervises a small team of direct reports.
Our hours of operation are M-F 8am to 4:30pm. Rarely evening or weekend work could be required.
Our office is located at 1072 King Edward Street.
- 3+ years similar experience in a position of responsibility in a privately held company, or in a division of a larger company
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent qualifications (5+ years experience in progressively more difficult positions)
- CPA, CMA, or CGA designation preferred but not required
- Maintain a documented system of accounting standard operating procedures (SOPs). Review and update yearly
- Supervise the operations of the accounting department, including change management to organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Overview of intercompany transactions between related companies
- Control of yearly inventory process
- Ensure that daily bank reconciliations are completed
- Process payroll biweekly for approximately 100 hundred individuals
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner, and that adequate credit terms are negotiated in conjunction with the purchasing/logistics manager
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable as feasible
- Ensure that accounts receivable are invoiced correctly, and collected promptly
- Ensure that required monthly lease payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions, including cash, multiple bank accounts and credit cards/lines of credit
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Issue timely and complete financial statements including cash flow projections
- Calculate, update, and track financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual expense budget and revenue forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual financial statements with outsourced auditor, and implement suggested year-end adjustments
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with banking and other covenants
- Comply with local, provincial, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Create work on hand reports as needed for bonding, and insurance purposes