- Full Time
- 2301 S Water, Wichita, KS 67213
POSITION SUMMARY (Briefly describe the purpose of the position)
Responsible for performing tasks in connection with shipping of merchandise inventories, including verifying and maintaining shipment records.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE (List in order of importance)
- Accurately enter shipping information into Starship to generate shipping labels, packing slips and invoice batches.
- Check outgoing product for quantity, accuracy, and quality; report discrepancies to appropriate party in order to maintain quality standards.
- Package, label and ship all orders while ensuring that appropriate and accurate paperwork accompanies each order.
- Maintain adequate supply of shipping supplies.
- Keep Print Production Supervisor informed of any maintenance and repairs needed on equipment.
- Assist with inventory.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (List as required or preferred)
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
Experience: Two years previous experience in a warehouse setting preferred.
- Dependable and self-motivated with ability to work independently with periodic consultation/direction.
- Must possess good organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of couriers, transportation regulations, materials handling, and shipping principles.
- Excellent customer service skills, including written and oral communication abilities.
- Good math skills as well as problem solving skills.
- Must be willing to work overtime.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: __0__
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: __0__
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
_X_ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arm’s reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
_X_ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee must (check one frequency for each task):
Reach above shoulders
Employee must use hands for repetitive action such as (please check all):
WORKING CONDITIONS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee is exposed to (check one frequency for each task):
General shop or store conditions
General office environment
Humid, extreme hot/cold temps (non-weather)
Outdoor weather conditions
Fumes or airborne particles
Moving, mechanical parts
Loud noise intensity levels
Risk of electrical shock
Travel for job