Store Retail Manager - Toys"R"Us Vancouver Bowmac
The Manager supports TRU initiatives identified by the Store Director, and are accountable for maximizing omnichannel sales opportunities, engaging with each and every Customer and providing consistent coaching to Store Associates.This position provides leadership and direction to the Store team in the areas of customer engagement, omnichannel selling, product knowledge, Health and Safety and Loss Prevention to ensure that the Store operates as efficiently and profitably as possible.The Manager is accountable for financial results, customer engagement, implementation and execution of the omnichannel strategy, merchandising standards and metrics for their areas of responsibility. The Manager position requires full availability including nights, weekends and off-hour shifts.
Drive for Results
- Analyzing key financial metrics and observable behaviours to identify and maximize omnichannel sales driving opportunities
- Plans, prioritizes, and manages their and others’ time effectively
- Instils a sense of urgency and accountability in self and others to achieve individual and team objectives.
- Works with management team to achieve budgeted sales and payroll
- Considers team’s strengths when planning and assigning work
Focus on Customers
- Role models and empowers team to provide a positive, omni-easy Customer experience
- Ensures all customer service issues and requests are dealt with effectively and efficiently
- Uses Customer feedback to identify improvement opportunities and take action on them
- Observes and is accountable for Associate Customer Engagement performance including; CSAT, Tablet Assisted Sales, AOS, ISPU, Buyer Protection Plan, Battery Sales, Philanthropy and Babies"R"Us Registry results to identify coaching/development opportunities
- Recognizes team for exceptional Customer engagement
- Communicates clear performance expectations and direction through onboarding and ongoing coaching
- Provides continuous feedback to ensure performance expectations are met
- Coaches Associates through on-the-spot coaching and formal/informal training
- Recognizes positive/strong performance and provides sincere praise for a job well done
- Ensures Associates receive proper Health and Safety training, including the proper and safe use of Store equipment
- Completes Annual Performance Reviews for all Associates in area of responsibility
- Supports recruitment, onboarding and development of Associates who represent "R" brand
Communication and Collaboration
- Ensures sales results, goals and individual accountability are communicated throughout each shift
- Leads organized, action-oriented pre-shift meetings that facilitate participation
- Actively listens to gain understanding of others’ needs and perspectives to develop trust and collaboration
- Identifies and communicates any systems or processes that hinders sales performance
- Seeks opportunities to collaborate, share information and resources with team and peers throughout the Store
- Helps team members understand how their work contributes to the Company
- Collaborates with others to generate business ideas, solve problems and reach win-win solutions
- Effectively manages all day-to-day operations in Store when acting as the Manager on Duty (MOD)
- Implements all TRU initiatives, including: Marketing, Visual, Merchandising and Store Planning Strategies and Standards.
- Holds Associates accountable for compliance to all TRU policies and procedures.
- Role models 100% compliance to all Health and Safety, Harassment and Loss Prevention regulations, policies and procedures.
- Reports any unsafe work practices to a member of the Health and Safety committee or management and corrects any unsafe work practices without delay
- Undertakes all other relevant duties as required to ensure the Store runs smoothly, efficiently and to expected standards in all areas
We are a Great Place to Join, Work, Learn & Stay!
APPLY NOW – online: toysrus.ca/careers
Toys”R”Us is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Applicants under consideration for employment will be contacted to participate further in the recruitment process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs.