Director of Human Resources
TRIUMF is Canada’s particle accelerator centre and an international centre for discovery and innovation, advancing fundamental, applied, and interdisciplinary research for science, medicine, and business. Our fast paced organization has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Human Resources.
Guided by our vision and mission and core values, we are committed to excellence in research and research training, and strongly believe in fostering an equitable, diverse and inclusive team environment to ensure we provide excellent, innovative and impactful research to local, national and international communities. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace, and we welcome applications from all qualified and eligible candidates.
Our HR Director is both responsible for overall HR strategy and leadership as a key member of the management team and rolling up their sleeves to get the job accomplished. General responsibilities encompass:
- Guiding and mentoring the Human Resources Group and enhancing its functionality as a strategic organizational function
- Providing guidance and strategic advice related to all program areas of HR including talent strategy, workforce planning, equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI), organizational culture, compensation, and associated systems
- Playing an integral role in TRIUMF’s competitiveness as an employer and building our reputation as an employer of choice by keeping abreast of market trends and best practices
As our ideal candidate, you are a subject matter expert in current HR practices and have proven experience in managing and implementing large scale HR programs and initiatives. You are able to:
- Work with diverse teams and know how to adapt communications to interact effectively across diverse cultures and organizational tiers
- Develop constructive working relationships, internally and externally, through collaboration and participation
- Honour the past while inspiring confidence and driving positive change through emotional intelligence, influence, and vision
- Exercise sound judgement, analytical and critical thinking around managing priorities and decision-making
These skills and competencies should be supported by a bachelor’s, and preferably master’s degree, in HR, business or related field, a CPHR designation or equivalent, and a minimum of 10 years of broad HR leadership experience. Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada on a permanent basis (Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident).
TRIUMF is located on the south campus of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, BC. We offer a competitive total compensation package, including comprehensive benefits, attractive salary, and an excellent opportunity to enhance your career portfolio in a high profile national research facility.
Please submit your complete application package via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following in one complete PDF file:
- Subject line: Competition 684
- Employment Application Form
- Cover letter indicating salary expectations
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and we will accept submissions until December 31st, 2018.