Director BC Regional Marketing
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
The successful candidate is responsible for driving and evolving the Rogers/Fido/chatr business in BC across the Consumer business unit. This is an exciting time in the Rogers Wireless business and this role will be critical in providing recommendations for all consumer brands in context with and aligned to tri brand strategy on what the mid-long term strategies should be across BC region. The successful candidate will stay informed on competitive landscape, market conditions and consumer insights to inform decisions on recommendations, concepts and opportunities. The work environment will be heavily team-based, requiring the individual to work in a collaborative environment.
The Director will report directly to Sr. Director of Marketing, Fido (Toronto Based) while working closely with the Rogers and Chatr teams to lead the regional task force ensuring a successful execution of the Rogers/Fido/chatr BC regional plan.
What you will be doing:
- Conjointly with the BC Regional executive team, build our culture and reputation in BC to become the ‘home team’ and drive world-class performance
- Determine in partnership with the cross functional teams the appropriate action plan to deliver market share, revenue, net and cost targets for the province of BC
- Work cross functionally to build the annual and quarterly tri-brand plan and more importantly ensure execution with excellence.
- Recommend and monitor concrete KPIs to measure markets across the province, track improvement and recommend plan of action.
- Lead the regional “underserved” taskforce in delivering of the RCI plan in the region
- Provide constant tracking of performance and flag positive/negative trend from top to bottom of the P&L and provide recommendations.
- Drive & persuade the BC regional strategy throughout the organization
- Provide recommendations on items such as brand spend, marketing plans, distribution strategy for Rogers/Fido/chatr Brand
- Partner with key stake-holders from across the business, such as Pricing, Brand, CBM, Go to Market and Sales Channels to influence and ensure alignment on key initiatives
- Build key strategic relationships within the community
- Elevate the 3 brands presence and credibility in priority markets.
- Active member of the BC Regional Executive Team
What you have:
- Undergraduate degree in business or science, MBA preferred
- Strong and relevant experience in Telco and P&L accountabilities
- 8-10 years work experience in marketing, with strong regional presence in BC
- Proven leadership skills in managing a cross-functional team
- Collaborative leader with demonstrated ability to impact and influence across various functions and groups at all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of brand, pricing, P&L, research
- Demonstrated ability to understand, analyze and decipher data to pull key insights and influence strategy
- Established experiences of building relationships and influencing all levels across the organization to drive results and strategic business plans
- Customer centric thinker who can see past barriers
- Excellent communications (written & oral) and interpersonal skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong presence - confident and comfortable working with senior management
- Proficient time management capabilities, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and objectives
- Strong sense of initiative and a self-starter who can work equally well in groups or on their own
- Results oriented, flexible and willing to work in a multi-task and dynamic work environment
- Comfort with ambiguity and matrix environment
- Ability to work independently with a cross-functional virtual team
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.