At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
This is a full time Project Delivery Manager position. The successful candidate will be responsible for end to end delivery of all aspects of complex Wireline and Wireless project rollout from initiation through to the transition launch/go live.
• Manage the end-to-end life cycle of assigned projects.
• Collaborate with the Project Sponsors, fellow Project Managers and other stakeholders to prepare applicable project documentation, define scope, prepare budgets, assign resources and launch projects.
• Identify and manage all milestones and interdependencies to deliver on the Business and Project/Program objectives and targets.
• Identify obstacles/conflicts and evaluate, recommend and implement workable solutions. Escalate issues to the appropriate levels within the organization to mitigate risks and keep schedules on track.
• Lead change management activites including careful definition of impacts to scope, budget, timelines or quality. Obtain sign-off from Management as required to approve changes.
• Schedule and host regular project status review meetings and customer meetings.
• Provide Management with concise and timely Project/Program reporting on implementation progress, issues, risks and containment plans.
• Develop and conduct presentations to various levels of Management as required.
• Provide Project Status Reports and Financial updates on Projects/Programs being managed and collaborate with other fellow PMs on reporting requirements.
• Oversee the implementation of project tasks and milestones outlined in the Technology & Engineering documents and Statements of Work.
• Understand Senior Management’s business strategy and provide project-related recommendations for cost effective solutions/delivery.
• Create and manage constructive relationships with team members, subject matter experts, stakeholders and other members of the organization.
• Develop productive relationships with 3rd party organizations inclding municipal governments, private businesess, utilities and other Telcos to promote mutually-beneficial business opportunties.
• Own and Maintain databases and logs related to assigned projects.
• Identify and implement project improvement activities.
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
• Post-Secondary degree in Engineering or other related technical discipline or equivalent combination of education or experience
• PMP certification ( An asset )
• Six Sigma certification (An asset)
• Minimum 5 years of project management experience or equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the telecommunication industry or equivalent.
• Understand and apply PMI best practices and methodologies.
• Excellent communication and reporting skills.
• Experience working with Sales Representatives and Enterprise Customers.
• Conflict management, negotiation and influencing skills.
• Full competency with MS Office suite.
• Valid BC drivers licence.
• Some travel will be required depending assignments.
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.