Service Advisor (Courtenay)
Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a Platinum Best Employer for 2019
BCAA's Courtenay Service Location has an opening for a Regular Part-Time Service Advisor. As one of BCAA’s Member-facing team members, the Service Advisor is an insurance professional dedicated to delivering amazing Member experiences through the servicing of BCAA’s products and services, with a focus on Membership and auto insurance products.
The Service Advisor (Insurance) is a source of positive brand impressions and builds long-lasting relationships with all of our Members and helps them derive the maximum value from their Membership through identifying needs for additional BCAA products and services. The Service Advisor collaborates with a team who is passionate about igniting unparalleled Member loyalty that enables BCAA to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia.
What's the status?
Regular Part-Time Plus
What are the hours?
20 or more hours per week
What BCAA offers you:
It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being announced as a Platinum Best Employer for 2019 and Top 50 Employers for Young People - 2015.
- Great compensation packages, including bonus
- We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members offering, Automotive Apprenticeship and Leadership Development programs.
- All regular status employees are eligible for Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
- Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
- We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
Sells and upgrades Membership and auto insurance to new and renewing Members
- Through consultative in-person or over the phone sales, acquires new Membership and Autoplan and private auto insurance sales; where required and with the appropriate qualifications, sells additional BCAA products and services
- Renews BCAA Memberships and Autoplan and private auto insurance policies by reviewing current coverages and making recommendations; where required and with the appropriate qualifications, renews additional BCAA products and services
- Reviews product terms and conditions including, but not limited to, coverages, limits and exclusions to limit errors and omissions
- Deepens Member relationships through excellence in customer service including informing Members of Member value and opportunities to save
- Collaborates with BCAA and other supplier’s Underwriters
- Meets all prescribed sales, business-building and retention targets, and BCAA and AAA/CAA Member experience goals, best practices, standards and Underwriting guidelines
Creates referrals for cross-selling of BCAA products and services to new and renewing Members
- Creates referrals for Senior Insurance Advisors for cross-selling homeowners’ and travel insurance
- Creates and follows up on future business leads and upcoming renewals
Manages Member/customer accounts and concerns
- Updates Member information and insurance policy details in applicable systems
- Processes Membership and Autoplan and private auto insurance endorsements and cancellations; where required, process endorsements and cancellations for additional BCAA products and services
- Issues new and renewal Membership transactions and Member entitlement products such as Trip Tiks (auto travel route planning), passport photos, international driving permits, Member maps, tour books and camp guides
- Resolves Member concerns by following BCAA’s Member resolution standards and meeting BCAA and AAA/CAA Member satisfaction goals
Processes and manages Member/customer documents
- Processes payments and follow up on outstanding payments
- Issues new, renew and makes changes to Memberships
- Issues new and renewal Autoplan and private auto insurance policies, cancellations, endorsements, plates and transfers; where required, issue new, renewal, endorsements and cancellations for additional BCAA products and services
- Meets all required processing standards for storage, retrieval, confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness
Acquires and maintains industry, product and systems knowledge
- Maintains a working knowledge of all BCAA Membership and insurance manuals, best practices, standards, policies and systems
- Attends required BCAA and industry training courses
- Keeps up-to-date with industry knowledge and competitors’ product offerings
- Maintains annual insurance licensing requirements
Other duties, as assigned
- Greeting and administrative duties, when co-workers are absent
- Completion of Grade 12
- 2 years’ experience in a sales and service environment
- Level 1 insurance license (or willing to obtain within 3 months of employment)
- Demonstrated sales productivity and customer service skills
- Demonstrated multi-tasking skills and proven ability to prioritize activities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment and maintain a high level of professionalism
- Proven judgment and decision-making abilities. Must be able to consider costs and benefits of potential products in order to make appropriate recommendations.
- Proven critical thinking abilities. Must be able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to meet prescribed sales, business-building, retention and customer satisfaction targets and objectives
- Strong computer skills with basic knowledge of MS Office Suite Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- CAIB certification
- Completion of Autoplan Essentials
- Knowledge of applicable BCAA and ICBC systems
- Limited history of Errors & Omissions and in good standing with the Insurance Council of BC
- Ability to speak alternate languages that would support particular market demographics
- Must successfully pass a background check, which may include a criminal, credit, and credential check.