Do you have an eye for detail and take pride in your work?
Arnot Realty is seeking a self-starter member to join our maintenance team. As a member of our Team, you will be exposed to a wide-variety of experiences and interact with residential and commercial tenants. Members of our maintenance team are responsible for completing service calls, including preventative maintenance, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and other property & grounds maintenance assignments. The ideal candidate enjoys being a member of a team, assisting others, completing projects in a timely and efficient manner, is thorough in completing tasks, good organizational skills, enjoys something different each day, proud of their quality of work and has a true passion for customer service.
1. Performs building maintenance tasks fulfilling preventative maintenance, service requests, capital improvements, and turn-over maintenance as needed.
2. Craftsman quality skill level in general maintenance, carpentry, painting, electric repair, HVAC repair & plumbing repair and/or willingness to learn.
3. Completes maintenance tasks in a timely manner; reports start, progress & completion of each task.
4. Makes recommendations to improve the efficiency & effectiveness at the properties to help achieve company and community goals.
5. Follow all safety guidelines for the operation of tools and equipment as well as ensuring compliance with building, safety and health codes. Must be able to lift 50 pounds or heavier.
6. On-Call and able to respond to after hour emergency calls and weather conditions at all properties.
7. Able to work outdoors throughout all seasons and weather conditions including addressing snow and ice removal on sidewalks, parking areas and roads with the use of shovels, snow blowers, plows and other equipment.
8. Maintain positive relations with tenants, customers, staff, and the corporate office.
Educational, Experience & Qualifications
1. 5+ years working in property management, general maintenance, painting, carpentry, HVAC, electric, and/or plumbing.
2. Experience operating equipment & tools of the trade including but not limited to hand tools, power tools, and riding equipment.
3. Experience with multi-family properties and snow removal a plus.
4. Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Salary & Benefits
1. Full-Time, Hourly Position
2. Paid Time Off and Holidays
3. 401K, Life Insurance, Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
Arnot Realty is one of the largest real estate developers in the Finger Lakes region of New York with a portfolio of over 1.5 million square feet of commercial real estate that we developed and manage. We have been a driving force in economic development for over a century. Our portfolio includes the Arnot Mall, an enclosed one million square foot shopping center; the Shops at Chambers, an open-air shopping plaza; various office buildings throughout the Elmira-Corning region; Hickory Grove Apartments which includes two luxury apartment communities; Boathouse Landing on Cayuga Inlet, a luxury live/work waterfront property in Ithaca; Forest Edge Townhomes, a townhome community in Ithaca, a new mixed-use re-development in Ithaca; and over 100 acres of undeveloped land.
We strive to develop high-end multi-family and commercial properties while delivering outstanding Quality, Experience and Convenience to our customers and broader community. We’re building a Team that will passionately contribute to our goals. If you’re self-motivated and thrive in a collaborative environment, we have a career for you!
Arnot Realty is an equal opportunity employer which recruits, hires, trains and promotes personnel for all job titles, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.