Clinical Assessment Nurse Supervisor
The Clinical Assessment Supervisor, under the Direction of the Clinical Assessments Manager is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and quality of all assessments performed by the Clinical Assessment Department. Supports field RN’s clinically and procedurally. Conducts random audits of clinical assessments resulting in reports to direct supervisor and senior management. Through collaboration with Care Management teams, ensures that member clinical needs are addressed. Assigns and follows-up with field RNs on all MLTC referrals. Collaborates with and refers non-clinical issues of individual referrals to Enrollment Department. Under the direction of Manager, implements training and in-services for field staff. Assists field staff with clinical questions and issues as necessary.
Receipt and review of MLTC referrals from Enrollment Department.
- Assignment of MLTC referrals to Assessment RN’s.
- Ongoing reconciliation of MLTC referral status with Enrollment Department.
- Clinical review of MLTC and FIDA assessments.
- Clinical, procedural and regulatory assistance to assessment RN’s.
- Report RN productivity measurements to Manager through UAS reports and other designated in-house procedures.
- Identification of CFEEC referrals that have been determined by Plan not to be appropriate for enrollment.
- Initiation of CFEEC dispute in collaboration with Enrollment Dept.
- Clinical Point of contact for Skilled Nursing Facilities regarding enrollment.
- Assist field RN’s in collaboration and communication with Impacted Adult Homes regarding enrollment of members affected by settlement.
- Training and updates of field staff.
- A minimum of 3 years in a Managed Care environment with emphasis on clinical assessment of consumer’s homecare needs.
- A minimum of 2 years acute care experience with frail and or geriatric population. Demonstrated supervisory experience (clinical or non-clinical).
- Certified in and 1+ year experience UAS-NY assessment program.