Accounting Manager (Home Care Experience; CPA Preferred)
Responsible for financial statement and report preparation for the CHCS facilities. Supervision of general accounting staff and control over general ledger, subsidiary ledgers, specific purpose funds and property accounting.
- Implement financial policies for the control of the revenue, expenses and assets of the organization.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely production of monthly financial statements.
- Prepare and supervise accounting staff for the preparation of operating reports and financial statements.
- Review monthly trial balances and supporting schedules
- Control all bank deposits.
- Prepare monthly and year end accruals
- Supervise the record retention system.
- Verifies all bank reconciliations prepared by accountants.
- Review journal entries to the general ledger for accuracy and compliance with established accounting procedures and policies.
- Prepare for year-end audits by the public accounting firm and third party auditors.
- Maintain daily cash management reports to ensure that operating expenditures are met.
- Communicate with the Financial Planning department as necessary.
- Coordinate all processes for the establishment and recording of restricted funds.
- Prepare monthly accounts receivable reconciliation.
- Establish goals and expectations for accounting staff.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of regulations and standards to ensure compliance with GAAP procedures and government / regulatory agencies.
- Supervise and train staff.
- Recruit and evaluate staff.
- Assist and Review Medicaid and Medicare cost reports.
- Analyze A/R, FTEs, and Census
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
Formal Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: 3 years
License, Registration, and / or Certification Requirement: No
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
* MBA preferred
* Minimum of 3 years accounting experience in a Public Accounting firm.
* Experience with home care finance.
* Experience with grant accounting.
* Experience with software for accounting, payroll and accounts payable.