Share with friends:
Sr Java Developer (Java PL/SQL Developer)JOB SUMMARY
Designs, develops, modifies, and implements applications and/or services designed to support organization’s applications.This position will write code and perform unit and integration testing along with coaching and mentoring team members. This position will also collaborate with Project Managers, Managers, Directors, and VPs in setting strategies and tactical implementing procedures.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Write code and perform unit and integration testing to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements
- Collaborate and support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience by delivering project deliverables.
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Managers, Directors, and VPs in setting strategies and tactical implementing procedures
- Partner with Developers, Architects, System Administrators and Software Analysts on issues, defects, and project deliverables on analyses to diagnose and fix operational difficulty, as well as consulting, advising and training on specialized features and functions as needed
- Serve as secondary escalation point to resolve incidents and problems for production applications and web services supported by the team in accordance with identified Service Level Agreements
- Participate in Java code review activities
- Develop and maintain technical documentation;
- Coach and mentor developers by advising on writing code and technical documentation.
- Research new technology products and make strategy recommendations to management and leadership
- Maintain subject matter expertise on top industry tools and trends in web development and/or web APIs.
- Coordinate and perform routine operating system and application reconciliations maintenance, including backup and recovery processes for applications and databases
- Develop plan for business continuity, including monitoring system utilization/performance for capacity planning purposes
- Act as a technical expert to provide technical support and software upgrades for Java applications.
- Design and configure Java environments; provide guidance to database administrators in the configuration, tuning and maintenance of databases
- Design disaster recovery plans
- Assist in troubleshooting application, networking and operating systems problems
- Manage relationships with hardware and software vendors
- Generate and review variety of complex and periodic reports and/or data through database
- management, data administration and data extraction techniques
- Provide general system users and management with system analysis and feedback
- Influence and recommend system design by identifying and recommending design and requirements needs for software enhancements
- Recommend efficiencies of the various software systems by implementing, monitoring, testing and auditing new software programs
- Participate in continuous performance improvement sessions and recommend opportunities to improve processes or standards
- Follow established configuration/change control processes
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Java programming (Java 8 currently used)
- Advanced knowledge and experience with unit testing frameworks and continuous integration tools
- Advanced knowledge and experience in RESTful API design
- Advanced understanding of software design patterns and principles and software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Advanced knowledge of measures and/or indicators of Java/Java 8 system performance and the actions needed to improve/correct performance, relative to the system goals.
- Advanced knowledge of OOP (object oriented programming) & prototypal inheritance
- Advanced knowledge Git version control system
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Maven
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Spring boot
- Advanced knowledge of integrations with multiple types of supporting infrastructures including SQL, RDBMS, No-SQL, Pub-Sub, Load Balancers, API Gateways, and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
- Excellent communication skills (written, interpersonal, presentation), with the ability to easily and effectively interact and negotiate with business stakeholders
- Ability to apply creative/lateral and abstract thinking skills to solve complex technical problems and envision/design innovative solutions to business opportunities and challenges
- Ability to collaborate well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources;
- Advanced subject matter experience to coach and mentor peers and teams cross functionally.
- Ability to build consensus across interdisciplinary environments (across technical teams, across client domains)
- Proven ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction
- Ability to listen and evaluate all opinions without bias, and contribute to a common culture of excellence
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, uncertainty, and incomplete information when evaluating alternatives and making recommendations
- Ability to work seamlessly within a team as well as manage individual tasks
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly to introduce to team members.
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience
6 plus years IT Work experience designing/configuring systems/applications working in Java restful web service development (current version Java 8 used)
4 plus years IT Work experience working with Relational Databases (SQL based)
Experience working in Telecommunications industry a plus Technology agnostic and experience working with multiple technologies