Your career. We’ll help you turn goals into achievements.
Engineer 3, Networking
Enterprise Holdings is powered by technology. As a diverse team of idea enablers and problem-solvers, our more than 2,000 innovative IT professionals design, develop and drive the tech that is redefining how customers rent, buy and share vehicles from our family of brands — which includes Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers powerful solutions for more than 10,000 branch locations and 100,000 employees across the world with the resources and support to develop in a variety of career paths. Enterprise Holdings IT is a critical area of the business; we develop technical solutions that power our global operations and a fleet of 2 million vehicles, allowing our branch employees to exceed our customers’ expectations.
As an Engineer 3 you will design, develop and modify many different elements of technology. You will be required to understand advanced methods, theories and research techniques that establish ongoing direction and implementation of the technology vision and strategy. As an Engineer 3, we will be looking to you as a subject matter expert in multiple areas of technology that will represent your team in a positive manner within and outside of your department. You will be leading implementations and providing viable recommendations for implementing new solutions. You will be providing instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments; ensuring deadlines are met. Daily activities will include collaborating with Architects and recommending adjustments to the architecture to improve the overall quality and integration. You will also be required to monitor key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes, and procedures.
- Takes an active role in applying advanced methods, theories and research techniques to establish ongoing direction, specification, design, development and implementation of technology vision and strategy
- Accurately scopes deliverables including dependencies, risks and issues to ensure seamless delivery, technology effectiveness and security
- Provides guidance and oversight on technical matters within a solution to ensure that the technologies are secure, interoperate and connect appropriately and also support company vision and strategy
- Collaborates with Architects and recommends adjustments to the architecture to improve the overall quality of a solution
- Listens to and evaluates customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations; Identifies opportunities for improvement; ensures others are aligned with customer expectations
- Actively coaches, mentors and teaches others; uses influence, expertise and leadership to support other teams as they implement technology solutions
- Protects our customers, our employees, and our brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions; ensures security policy and procedure requirements are met; continuously identifies opportunities for improving security and implements strategies to improve our security posture
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 5+ years of related experience
- 5+ years’ experience with physical and virtual F5 architecture and device administration
- Proficiency in F5 technologies: Application Delivery Controller (ADC), Global Traffic manager (GTM), Access Policy Manager (APM), Application Security Manager (ASM), and Advanced Web Application Firewall (AWAF)
- Experience and working knowledge of DNS and DHCP protocols
- Experience with application deployment fundamentals
- Experience vCMP and network segmentation
- Knowledge working in Internet and DMZ environments using firewall products (i.e. Cisco ASA and Palo Alto)
- Knowledge of designing secure network infrastructure solutions
- Experience with packet capturing and protocol analysis.
- Project and time management skills
- Ability to work alone or in groups, managing multiple projects and finding solutions to keeping projects on track
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience working in network design and implementation, network security, troubleshooting and operations
- Experience with Cisco Routing and Switching Technologies for data center and campus networks utilizing Cisco IOS and NX-OS
- Experience with Cisco Spine and Leaf topologies
- Understanding of Next Generation firewalls and associated security mechanisms such as VPN, IPSEC and SSL
- Experience or working knowledge of scripting and markup languages (i.e. TCL, APL, Python, JSON/XML etc.)
- Experience or working knowledge of automation platforms such as Ansible