Share with friends:
2020 Summer Intern: Business Intelligence AnalystAt A Glance
- You’re a motivated rising Junior or above/Masters-level student with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited four-year university:
- Business Administration
- Public Relations
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from May 27, 2020 through July 31, 2020.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
Spend a productive summer with Spectrum
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp. Our internships are designed to provide first-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry. We offer opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting. We’ll connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé. The mentorship opportunities and proximity to leadership are benefits with far-reaching potential in your professional education.
It’s about learning and growing
You’re dedicated, and that means your time as much as your effort. This 10-week, 40hr/week internship offers exposure to real-world business. As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Partner with other accomplished and dedicated interns on research and cross-functional projects. You’ll have an opportunity contribute real value and meaning to the larger organization.
Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on May 27 and 28, webinars, community service, and final presentations. As part of a peer community, you’ll contribute to cross-functional group projects, and should be ready to take on new projects as they come up.
What you can expect in this role
The Business Intelligence Subscriber Reporting team is responsible for building and maintaining key operating metrics across Marketing, Sales, Field Operations and Customer Operations verticals that are used for budgeting and planning purposes. The team acts as a horizontal that liaisons across multiple business and Business Intelligence verticals in supporting monthly and adhoc reporting needs to enable informed business decisions. In addition the team also supports all Government, Legal and Regulatory data requirements.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively support all efforts to simplify and enhance customer experience
Perform research and data analysis in large scale database to support business planning, trending and forecasting activities
Assist business analysis team in conducting quality assurance testing
Assist team in developing system workflows and technical documentation
Conduct analysis on end to end data delivery process and identify process improvements Participate in business requirements gathering sessions and document technical requirements Work closely with SQL and Advanced Excel features
Here’s what it takes to get started
Skills and major experience required for this role include:
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Project and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Business Analysis
- Database query languages
- Data science and analytics
- Experience using Technical analytical tools such as VBA, SQL, SAS, and Tableau is a plus