Share with friends:
2020 Spectrum Intern: Accounting and Finance InternshipAt a Glance
- You’re a motivated rising junior or above / graduate-level student with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Computer Information Systems (CIS)
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from May 27, 2020 through July 31, 2020.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on May 27 and 28, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include
- Daily reconciliation using Trintech ReconNet software comparing batches posted in the billing system with deposits at each local office bank account.
- Perform daily cash reconciliation and positioning, make recommendations for borrowing and repayments and enter wire requests into treasury workstation.
- Work on a variety of income and transactional tax projects including: return preparation, notice responses, tax adjustments, and tax research.
- Work with business intelligence tools to create reports, helping support data conversion / clean up functions, and meeting with business users to understand their needs.
- Support walkthrough process for SOX Business Process
- Perform Direct Assistance Testing in support of external auditors
- Perform Entity Level Control (ELC) and COSO testing
- Support PBC (Provided by Client) process and quarterly certifications
- Support SOX ITGC testing
- Review leases, receivable securitizations, current expected credit losses, and unique contracts executed by the Company to help determine proper accounting treatment, assist with quarterly reporting requirements, and work with the team on other project based initiatives as necessary at the time of service.
Potential titles may include
- Program Accounting Intern
- Associate Business Analyst
- Treasury Intern
- Tax Intern
- Finance Data Analyst
- Internal Audit Services Intern
- Technical Accounting Intern
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Advanced excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project and time management skills
- Highly organized; ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Strong data science and analytics skills
- Knowledge of tools such as Tableau
- Working knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and subsequent guidance (AS5)