Share with friends:
Per Diem CNA
JOB PURPOSE: Provides personal care to residents according to written service plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Review log book and assignment sheets for updates at the start of each shift.
* Assures that resident is neat, clean and properly clothed. Assist with bathroom and hygiene needs.
* Tidy apartment proactively assessing potential safety concerns.
* Proactive in assessing potential safety concerns in common areas of the building and reporting to appropriate parties when needed.
* Transports residents to and from activities and dining.
* Provides SAMM assistance within allotted time frame
* Accurately documents care provided including SAMM timely
* Give verbal report at shift change to following shift.
* Facilitates and assists with activity programming when activity personnel at Pickford Place.
* Mealtime duties include: make morning coffee and serve breakfast as residents are ready. Serve lunch and dinner. Assist with setting tables. Encourage residents to take part in meal time. Assist residents with plate and utensil orientation. Clean up, load and empty dishwasher, clean and disinfect tables and counters. Launder napkins and dish towels.
* Maintain a clean and orderly environment.
* Provide one on one support when needed to engage residents in activities or providing a quiet space to calm residents when needed.
* Applies "5 Star" customer service approach in all aspects of job.
* Committed to working with residents and families to develop and implement strategies that promote person-centered care.
* Actively supports Wingate's commitment to providing "5 Star" service on all quality objectives, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
* Adheres to all company policies, procedures, and standards of conduct.
* Reports to the appropriate managers any known or suspected violations of policy and procedures, regulations or standards of conduct.
* Performs additional duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Current Certification as a Nurse Aide in the State of MA
* One year experience in an elder care setting preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled