TRANSMISSION LINEMAN ($15,000 Sign-on Bonus)
JOB TITLE: Transmission Journeyman Lineman ($15,000 Sign-on Bonus)
Division: Electric Operations
Work hours: Non Summer M–F 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM / Summer M-F 10:00 AM to 6:30 PM - 27C
- Hourly wages of up to $41.32+ Summer Shift Differential
- $15,000 Sign-on Bonus
- Relocation Bonus of up to $16,000
LCEC provides reliable, cost-competitive electricity to more than 210,000 customers throughout a five county service territory located in Southwest Florida. We employ approximately 400 skilled employees and are one of more than 750 electric distribution cooperatives located throughout the United States. LCEC has been recognized locally and statewide as an industry leader and continually receives acknowledgment for the work that our employees do in the community along with other civic, environmental and professional honors.
We are searching for a Transmission Journeyman Lineman to join our Engineering & Operations Team located at the LCEC Service Center in North Fort Myers, Florida.
Transmission Journeyman Lineman Position Summary: Perform construction and maintenance duties of overhead and underground facilities for electrical distribution and transmission.
Transmission Journeyman Lineman Position Responsibilities:
• Construction/maintenance of transmission/distribution facilities in cost effective manner.
• Perform detailed inspections on 138KV and 230KV transmission lines and make needed repairs whenever possible to ensure a safe and reliable system.
• Ensure facilities remain reliable and efficient.
• Assist in emergency repair and power restoration after outages.
• Respond reliably and timely to calls during regular work hours and off regular work hours.
• Respond to after-hours work needs and assist with emergency repair of the transmission and/or distribution electric system.
• Account for all construction materials (issues, returns, salvage,etc.) properly.
• Perform duties safely and in accordance with LCEC accident prevention rules.
• Comply with applicable codes and standards.
• Must live within 45 minute commute from regular work site.
• Maintain effective working relationships with employees/customers at all levels within LCEC. Ensure smooth operations, productive communications, and effective understanding during all interpersonal contacts. Provide current and accurate information to all requesters, courteously and in a timely manner.
Transmission Journeyman Lineman Required Qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Proof of completion of a certified line worker apprentice program and/or four (4) years of experience working as a journeyman line worker.
• Commercial driver’s license (CDL) Class A.
• Able to meet physical demands of duties.
Transmission Journeyman Lineman Desired Qualifications:
• Familiarity with personal computer and e-mail.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Physical Demands: This position requires typical physical demands found in the construction industry, which includes but is not limited to heavy lifting, working on ladders, vehicle/equipment operation, electrical hand tool operation, digging, outside and inside work. Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally; climb in/out of a bucket truck; squeeze tools to 80 pounds of force; climb poles; drive large vehicles and heavy equipment; work from the basket of a bucket truck while wearing PPE; work at night and for extended hours.
• Work Environment: Mostly outside in inclement weather (extreme heat, thunder storms, and occasional cool temperatures).
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Location: North Ft. Myers, FL
Please note that at the time a candidate is made a job offer, the candidate will be subject to a background check and a drug screening.