Connectivity Point Telecommunications
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Connectivity Point Design and Installation has an immediate opening for a Deployment Technician. This role supports both the Deployment, Service, and Structured Cabling divisions as needed. In the role of Deployment Technician, you will provide network and point of sale hardware installation, maintenance, and service throughout New England and New York State. This role will also troubleshoot and maintain commercial data, voice, fiber optic and paging, security, audio/visual, and cabling systems for various customers. In this position, you will need to educate customers on the proper use, services, and maintenance of equipment, and address questions or concerns of the customer. This position works closely with the Service Department Manager, Project Manager(s), and Customers to perform the onsite field service work requests and ensure their successful completion.
This job will require regional travel and scheduling flexibility including working mostly nights, some days, weekends, and on-call work.
- Interact with customers who require staging and installation of their network and point of sale hardware at various locations regionally.
- Load customer-provided image files on customer-provided network equipment.
- Inventory and organize customer staging and storage area.
- Visit customer sites as scheduled to install customer hardware per specific instructions.
- Work with customer helpdesk and IT support to confirm hardware is online and operating as expected
- Accurately document and report any issues encountered while onsite for installations.
- Collect and document hardware-specific information such as serial numbers, the quantity of devices, etc. as required and enter into customer inventory management system.
- Ensure the work is completed on time and satisfactorily.
- Ensure work is completed following customer specifications and to industry standards.
- Travel regionally and work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and on-call work.
- Work involves driving a company vehicle; using hand tools; Climbing ladders; using scissor lifts.
- Follows all company safety policies and procedures; and reports all accidents, hazards, and equipment problems.
- Attends and participates in various meetings within the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic to advanced technical skills with installation, service, troubleshooting, and maintaining of commercial data, voice, fiber optic and paging, security, audio/visual and cabling systems.
- Solid level of understanding of PC components, PC hardware, and associated software. A+ certification is a plus.
- Industry-specific Manufacturer Certifications and BICSI training and/or Certifications preferred but not required.
- Strong working knowledge of TIA and BICSI Standards; including troubleshooting and service preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of building codes, electrical codes, communication standards, and installation.
- Ability to follow blueprints, notes, and specifications to meets the job requirements.
- Basic written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with construction and adherence to large and small project scheduling.
- Enjoys hands-on problem-solving in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a professional team.
- Willingness to be a positive leader and a great “follower”.
- Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Strong team building, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision-making skills, be very organized and detail-oriented.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform basic math functions.
- Basic computer skills using Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Connectivity Point Design and Installation is a fast-growing technology company providing design, installation, and support services for low-voltage infrastructure and equipment. Our professional services fall into five major disciplines: Structured Network Cabling, Audio-Visual Solutions, Security Solutions, Wireless Networks, and Telephone Systems. Established in 2002, this Maine-based business has more than 175 employees and has performed work in 44 states and 24 countries.
Named one of the Best Places to Work in Maine for six years in a row, Connectivity Point is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive wages and generous employee benefits including paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), group medical, dental, disability, and life insurance, and 401K retirement plan with a company match.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, the Company reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.