- Full Time
- 958 Logan Street, Louisville, KY 40204
Our busy company is currently looking to hire a Woodworking/Shop Foreman to work on exciting restoration projects. The right candidate will oversee several employees in the shop and in the field. Restoration carpenters are skilled and experienced with the conservation problems posed by historic buildings and houses. Skills include woodwork conservation and repair, replication of wood trim, matching and re-creation of historic finishes, dismantling and reassembly of historic wood structures and window restoration.
5 or more years of experience - Excellent rough and finish carpentry, great communication skills, great problem solving skills, and experience running jobs in shop.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cut, shape, and assemble wood, composition, and/or plastic sections with shop tools and equipment such as planers, jointers, shaper, routers, sanders, and various power saws.
- Prepare structures for finish applications by planing, shaping and sanding; using hand and power tools.
- Read and interpret plans, sketches, and shop drawings for milling and fabrication.
- Determine type and dimensions of wood stock to be used.
- Maintain and clean equipment and work area.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Trade school graduation, or equivalent, and five years of experience as finish carpenter.
- Knowledge of shop practices and skill in using shop tools and equipment.
- Ability to read blueprints and translate into fabricated products.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform related duties and responsibilities of this job, including heavy lifting.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to keep informed of new materials and methods in this trade.