Innovative - Adventurous - Genuine - Focused - Let's Go!
Central Construction Administrative Assistant
Coordinate administrative functions for the Central Construction department. Up to 25% travel may be required.
- Successfully manage the administrative aspects of multiple construction projects occurring simultaneously.
- Build, maintain and manage the building permit database. Track permits in support of Right of Way.
- Ensure project documents are completed according to Company standards, placed in Compass. Ensure all documents are current.
- Coordinate and manage monthly “building permit drive-out” in preparation for new builds.
- Initiate and process network change notifications and asbuilt information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure relevancy and accuracy of information by initiating and coordinating network and system map updates.
- Produce and maintain timely and accurate documentation.
- Provide weekly, monthly and annual reports.
- Read, comprehend, and utilize network system maps and plans.
- Operate and drive a Company vehicle in accordance with Midco’s “Use of Vehicle for Company Business” policy.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively communicate with other departments to handle escalating issues in a timely manner.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and strategies, initiatives and projects of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility, and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem-solving, critical-thinking and decision-making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that develops positive relationships with team members, customer and leadership.
- Adhere to and actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or GED required. Some college or vocational training preferred.
- Minimum one year of construction experience required. Telecommunications industry preferred.
- Working knowledge of construction, the National Electrical Code, OSHA regulations, state and local regulations and general safety standards required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 84 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and may occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, risk of electrical shock, and risk of radiation and vibration.
- In-person visits to a customer’s home or place of business are normal in the performance of this job. Specific abilities required include accessing a customer's home or place of business by stairs or elevator, operating doors or other entrances, navigating hallways and buildings, etc., and adapting successfully to a constantly changing environment.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- Must be able to climb poles, ladders, and other structures with proper equipment.
- Must be able to work from elevated heights and in tight spaces such as attics and crawlspaces.
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By 2025, Midco will deploy 10G, the next great leap for broadband – while also expanding its fixed wireless network to rural areas. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco internet / cable
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.