Technical Support and Hardware Specialist
St. Lawrence University invites applications for a Technical Support and Hardware Specialist position. The Technical Support and Hardware Specialist provides a wide array of technical support to the campus community.
- Support the IT service request system, to include evaluating, assigning, completing, advising and client follow-up for incidents and service requests
- Provide a wide array of software support to include Microsoft and Mac OS, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, and various other software to support academic instruction and operations
- Ability to quickly respond to and solve classroom technology emergencies including, computer, projection, sound and relating equipment to fully support the teaching and learning environment
- Assess, repair and maintain networked printers and Multi-Function Copiers across campus
- Assist with preparation and execution of special events
- Manage student technicians
- Respond to unplanned circumstances that may interrupt services
- Work as part of a team on various departmental working/project groups
- Assist in planning capital and operating budgets
- Evening and weekend hours, as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with one year of technology support experience, or an equivalent combination of education and technology support experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience providing advanced technical support in various technology environments including Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android and more
- Attention to detail with the ability to make quick and accurate decisions
- Ability to operate a University vehicle
- Ability to lift and carry necessary equipment and utilize ladders to perform necessary tasks
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while providing consistent and reliable customer service
- Ability to diagnose and replace hardware components in campus technology
- Excellent communication skills to clearly and effectively assist peers, faculty, staff and students
- Ability to work with people of differing backgrounds, skills and technological understanding
- Demonstrated ability to work inclusively with a diverse team and serve a diverse clientele
- Strong love of technology to eagerly maintain and update personal technology knowledge to remain current in an ever-changing technology landscape
- Familiarity with Microsoft SCCM, JAMF, and ITSM tools (preferably TeamDynamix)
- Experience with audio, video and other multimedia technologies
- Experience providing technical support in higher education environment
- A+, HDI, SCCM/JAMF, Apple, HP, and/or other hardware and software support certifications
Interested applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu uploading all required materials which are defined in the “special instructions to applicant” section. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Questions about the position may be directed to Jamie Richardson, Manager of User Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
Located at 23 Romoda Drive, Canton, NY, St. Lawrence University is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. For additional information about St. Lawrence, please visit http://www.stlawu.edu.