Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Department
The David S. and Janet R. Sheridan Emergency Care Center at Glens Falls Hospital has 43 beds and is one of the busiest in Emergency Departments in Northeastern NY, providing care to more than 50,000 patients annually. Emergency medicine demands constant vigilance to quality, efficiency and technologically-advanced resources. Our comprehensive and coordinated approach to emergency services allows us to deliver more efficient care in a manner that best meets the needs of our patients and families.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing is preferred; new hires will be required to complete their BSN within 5 years of hire. Exceptions may be made for Associate's Degree RNs with greater than 20 years of experience and national certification in specialty areas.
- One year nursing experience required.
- Graduation from a Registered Professional Nursing Program.
- Maintains competency in professional nursing practices.
- Assumes responsibility for own self-development and for keeping current with advances in nursing knowledge and techniques.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining current knowledge related to the age and development of the patient population in areas in which they work.
Nursing Professional Advancement Program=earn up to $8k/year more.
Generous Shift Differentials between 10-30%
"101 Classes" offered in place of experience for nurses to work in select specialty areas.
RN Preceptor Compensation.
Earned Time Off (ETO) accrual for Vacation, Personal, and Holiday time.
Earn Wellness Dollars per year to use towards GFH medical services.
Affordable Health Plan, Dental, and Vision.
On-site Employee Health Services.
A large variety of Supplemental and Voluntary benefits.
Partnership Pension - 403B Defined Contribution Pension with hospital contribution.
Employee Recognition Program.
Schedule Flexibility for Working Students.
On-site Pharmacy, Cafeteria, Restaurant, and Gift Shop.
Service Awards, Employee Recognition Program, and DAISY Award Program.