Senior Manager, Government Affairs (Federal)
At Rogers we’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
SENIOR MANAGER, GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS
Rogers Communications is an industry-leading diversified Canadian communications company. We are engaged in three primary lines of business: Wireless, Canada's largest wireless voice and data services provider, Cable, the largest provider of cable television, high-speed internet and telephony and Rogers Media, Canada's premier group of category-leading broadcast, print, and online media assets.
Internet, communications, and media policy issues are some of the most important and interesting public policy debates in Canada. As the leading company in these spaces, Rogers is central to these conversations. We need talented individuals who can work with internal and external stakeholders, the public, our regulators and governments across the country to ensure we stay at the forefront of internet, communications and media policy for the 21st century.
We are currently seeking a Senior Manager, Government Affairs (Federal). Reporting to the VP, Government Affairs (Federal); the successful candidate will monitor and report relevant political, legislative and regulatory developments and support Rogers’ regulatory team. She or he will also be comfortable engaging in a wide array of stakeholder outreach and information management activities with a focus on determining the best course of action to maximize benefits to both Canadian consumers and Rogers.
- Manage current relationships with key federal stakeholders while establishing new relationships
- Federal legislative and regulatory monitoring;
- Monitor CRTC Proceedings
- Support corporate advocacy efforts;
- Support Rogers public sector sales team.
- Support for Rogers’ existing relationship management efforts with key federal stakeholders, including elected officials, staff, and public servants;
- Deliver strategic counsel regarding federal policy and/or regulation to internal Rogers stakeholders;
- Monitor government policy and programs and determine impact on Rogers operations and strategic corporate initiatives;
- Represent Rogers on the working committees of relevant coalitions and industry associations when required;
- Support regulatory, public affairs, and communications teams to develop and deliver strategic messaging campaigns to federal stakeholders.
- Detailed monitoring and reporting of relevant federal legislative and regulatory developments and CRTC proceedings
- Post-secondary education with minimum five years’ experience;
- Superior communication skills (both verbal and written) in both English/French;
- Experience working within political, government and regulatory stakeholder communities;
- Superior ability to clarify and communicate complex information to key internal audiences in an efficient and effective manner;
- Familiarity with key issues and challenges facing the Canadian communications sector;
- Flexibility to work on a variety of issues in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently;
- Simplify and innovate
- Take ownership of the what and the how
- Equip people to succeed
- Execute with discipline and pride
- Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver