Promotions Representative - Part Time
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
The Rogers Radio Ottawa Group KISS 105.3, 106.1 CHEZ, 1310NEWS, COUNTRY 101.1 and 92.3 JACK FM Smiths Falls are seeking a Part-Time Promotions Person. This position will report to the Promotions Director.
- Execute station events and on-site promotions, including set up of various signage, equipment, and driving of branded vehicles
- Proactively engage listeners, clients and general public
- Set-up client remotes with all required components (technical, broadcast equipment, vehicle, signage and prizing)
- Must be capable of setting up/operating broadcast equipment for Live To Air events, and other live broadcasts as required
- Maintain promotional signage and handouts, equipment, station vehicles and storage area
- Maximize station presence and visibility at all events
- Provide regular event feedback, including post-event wrap up reports
- Current or Recent Graduate of College or University (Radio Broadcasting Experience and asset)
- High energy, outgoing and eager to initiate conversation with the public
- Self-motivated, team player with a positive attitude and a strong desire and passion to succeed
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Independent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings, overnights and holidays - occasionally on short notice
- Willingness and ability to roll up your sleeves to lift heavy objects and set up station displays, while treating equipment with care and respect
- Ability to learn and execute basic technical tasks
- Reception Shifts
- Must currently hold a valid Ontario G Class driver’s license
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.