- Full Time
- 8401 S 132nd St, Omaha, NE 68138
Feed the World. Fuel your Career.
Commitment to CLAAS Principles of Managing and Working Together
Even with activities around the globe and worldwide production, CLAAS remains a family company. A company in which everyone has a shared idea of how we should work together.
Every CLAAS employee deserves to be respected as a person and recognized for the work that he or she does. CLAAS employees demonstrate Respect to one another in how they communicate with and behave towards one another.
Working together cooperatively in our company requires that staff are involved both in forming opinions and in making decisions. CLAAS employees demonstrate Involvement by sharing their opinions in a manner that helps solve problems and make decisions that benefit the organization.
CLAAS employees work together based on credibility, loyalty and trust. CLAAS employees demonstrate Reliability through their integrity, attendance, and commitment to accomplish goals on time and with high quality.
- Prepared to change.
As a company, we will be especially successful if we understand and view constant change as an opportunity. CLAAS employees demonstrate their Preparedness to Change through their willingness and ability to adapt in order to capitalize on opportunities and continuous improvement.
Logistics Technician is responsible for shipping and receiving product and parts and distributing inventory to the production line.
Main Accountabilities and Essential Functions
- Ship and Receive prime product and piece parts and conduct visual quality inspections of product.
- Loading and unloading of trucks and sea vans.
- Utilize SAP transactions to record material movements.
- Safely and efficiently operate crane equipment, heavy machinery, and forklifts.
- Maintain external and internal shipping and receiving areas.
- Examine and inspect stock items regularly for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisor.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, and equipment and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Adheres to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follows and supports compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations and standards.
- Demonstrates regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
- Assist in inventory control and shop floor layout and setup.
- Other tasks as assigned or required by management.
- Minimum of high school degree or equivalent, Bachelors or Associates degree in related field desired, not required.
- Entry level experience with warehousing, order picking, and piece part inventory.
- Knowledge of inventory and assembly of product line a plus.
- Ability to work well and communicate with fellow employees.
- Background with operating heavy machinery and forklifts desirable.
- Background and experience of the proper and safe use of lifting devices and the operation of cranes highly desirable.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and handle a high volume workload in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail.