- Full Time
- 87 Silver Bay Road, Silver Bay, NY 12874
A Fabulous Opportunity in a Fabulous Location
Development Office Assistant at Silver Bay YMCA
Development Office Assistant
The Silver Bay YMCA Conference & Family Retreat Center was founded in 1902 and is located in Silver Bay, NY which is within the Adirondack Park. Its 700 acre campus along one mile of Lake George shoreline offers a wide breadth of programs for all people and ages. Silver Bay YMCA presently employs ~45 full-time staff members with a seasonal staff of ~200. Silver Bay YMCA is consistently ranked one of the top ten family reunion sites in the country and is on the National Register of Historic Places with the U.S. Department of the Interior. Silver Bay is engaged in various on-going modernization projects, including the newly opened $14 million William Boyd Center. As a mission based organization, Silver Bay YMCA offers a broad range of community outreach programs. As part of Silver Bay’s succession planning we are making this exciting opportunity available.
MISSION: The mission of Silver Bay YMCA is to foster a lifelong sense of belonging, strengthen relationships, and nurture spirit, mind, and body for all.
DESIRED IMPACT: Because of Silver Bay YMCA, personal and family bonds are stronger. People are more connected, respectful, and caring; have the confidence to develop to their fullest potential; and impact the communities in which they live. Inspired by the beauty of the landscape at Silver Bay, they become better stewards of the environment.
The Development Office Assistant is the face of the Development Department at Silver Bay YMCA. They will be an integral person in the life of the Development Office and must have the desire and capability to work collaboratively with their director and colleagues. The person best suited for this job enjoys people and enjoys seeing a job done well and done to completion. Most importantly, this person needs to understand the principles of donor centered stewardship. This individual must have the belief that philanthropy is a partnership between a donor and an organization that pursues and achieves common goals, goals that are established by mutually cherished values. The ideal candidate is discreet, able to handle confidential and sensitive information in accordance with Silver Bay policies, and is an individual beyond reproach. This opportunity is highly visible in the Silver Bay YMCA community and will provide opportunities to learn many aspects of the business of development. Silver Bay sees this position as a harbinger to a larger role in the Development Office contingent upon a person’s success in this position.
REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERENCES
- High School or equivalent degree required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in an administrative or any financial development position preferred, preferably in a not-for-profit development office.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively in a variety of situations.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and sensitivity.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, trustees, external partners, volunteers and donors.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge gift entry and reporting is preferred. If the candidate does not have experience with Raiser’s Edge, they must possess an ability to learn how to use the Raiser’s Edge database to satisfactorily perform their job. Their education will be through an independent study program with the goal of the certification in the weeks following their hire.
30% of this employee’s time will be performing the tasks of gift and data entry. This includes but is not limited to: Accurate gift entry for all constituents using the Raiser’s Edge database, creating gift batches, saving electronic copies of required documents and mailing gift acknowledgments.
20% of this employee’s time will be creating and running financial, constituent and activity reports and queries from Raiser’s Edge.
20% of this employee’s time will be assisting in the organizing, planning and administration of Silver Bay events throughout the year.
10% of this employee’s time will be promoting and administrating for Silver Bay’s Community Outreach Programs which currently include Cancer Respite, Military R&R and Vacations Made Possible.
10% of this employee’s time will be providing clerical support for the Development Director while assisting in coordinating the fundraising efforts of the Department.
10% of this employee’s time will be to work cross-departmentally with the CEO, COO, and CFO’s offices to provide Raiser’s Edge reports as needed and to assist colleagues in a collaborative manner.
The position will require the individual to work selected weekends and evenings during the year especially in the months of July and August.
The above task responsibilities are not exhaustive and additional tasks and functions may be required.
BENEFITS: This exciting position offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package, which includes health, dental care, paid time off and a 10% contribution to the Y retirement plan is also offered.
Please submit cover letter, resume and 3 references to email@example.com. Interviews will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled.