Great full-time opportunity with benefits
Better Brands, Inc. is a family owned and operated wholesale distributor of quality beer and non-alcoholic products with its origin dating back to 1965. We have enjoyed great success through our dynamic portfolio of products and creating a culture built on the foundation of a winning team of employees. The core values of hard work and customer focus have resulted in us not only being the best beverage distribution operation in the local Myrtle Beach area, but one of the best in the country. We are looking for a Maintenance Specialist to join our winning team of employees at our Myrtle Beach warehouse.
The Maintenance Specialist is responsible general repair and cleaning of the facility and warehouse grounds to include painting, floor scrubbing, general cleaning. Candidates should be knowledgeable of all safety standards and procedures of working in a warehouse environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The duties of the Maintenance Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Regular inspection of racks, docks, and general condition of the facility
- Immediately repair and refurbish facility as needed
- Coordinate with warehouse management on projects
- Report all defects and damages to warehouse manager
- Complete all tasks as delegated by management
- Effectively manage time and meet and daily cleaning deadlines
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by management as business conditions warrant
Requirements and Qualifications
- High School Degree, diploma, or GED equivalent from an accredited institution
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet deadlines
- Team worker and have a knack of coordinating work with fellow workers
- Experience with Electrical and/or painting preferred
- Basic carpentry skills required
- Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to interface effectively with other departments and employees
- Ability to behave in a manner which will display loyalty to Better Brands
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer applications, esp. Microsoft Office Suite
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach, and use hand eye coordination, walk, bend and climb stairs and lift, push and move up to 50lbs (at times more weight up to 150lbs).
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud and work in changing climate conditions. Travel to third party vendors on occasion and to the field for repairs.