Senior Traffic Specialist
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
As part of the Engineering – Traffic management, the Senior Traffic Specialist will be responsible for the design, coordination and maintenance of telephony traffic and resources for the Rogers network.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain number inventory pools for all Rogers lines of business.
- Request, compile and submit numbering forecasts for Rogers lines of business according to industry requirements.
- Closely monitor and represent Rogers as part of the CRTC Canadian Steering Committee on Numbering (CSCN), Common Interest Group on Routing and Rating (CIGRR), Relief Planning Committee (RFC), Canadian Local Number Portability Consortium (CLNPC).
- Monitor Number Management best practices across the industry (NANPA, CNA, CRTC).
- Manage periodic Industry numbering changes (LERG updates).
- Maintain list of portable locations (LNP) across Canada for all Rogers lines of business and act as the primary Rogers contact for numbering aspects of Local Number Portability.
- Development of appropriate traffic routing to accommodate the deployment of new network services.
- Develop and maintain network dial plans, LNP, 911, N11.
- Provide ongoing optimization of network routing resulting in cost savings.
- Maintain knowledge of existing telephony management processes and requirements. Write documentation on how number management operates. Develop and provide data for incorporation into internal presentations that may translate technical issues into business impacts.
- Design reports, compile, assess and present, as required, number inventory and utilisation forecasts.
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical teams and utilize system expertise to deliver technical solutions. Continuously learn and teach others existing and new technologies. Contribute to the development of others through mentoring or in house workshops and learning sessions. Influence technology and policy decisions made across the appropriate functional organization around architecture, design strategies and standards. Drive lab and field trial activities in support of Proof of Concepts.
- Provide on call support, when required, during off-hour implementation for project support or during emergencies, disasters and outages.
The above responsibilities are applicable for, but not limited to, Rogers wireline and wireless networks.
- Post-secondary education in Telecommunication preferred or equivalent experience.
- Expert knowledge of Canadian Numbering architecture and requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of Canadian LNP architecture.
- 5-10 years related experience in a telecommunications company.
- Strong hands-on experience of Dial Plan architecture and Number Administration.
- Proven troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to multitask in a dynamic environment.
- In-Dept knowledge of Network traffic scripting in Wireless and Wireline environments.
- Experience with creation and maintenance of SQL scripts, indexes, and complex queries for data analysis and extraction.
- Vast experience writing and automating tools and scripts to increase departmental efficiency and automate repeatable tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
- Team player.
- Bilingual in French and English.
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.