- Full Time
- 195 Monterey Dunes Way, Monterey, CA 93942
On-site Operations Manager for a Homeowners Association.
• Under the guidance of the general manager, oversee and direct daily company operating and reserve maintenance functions. Assist in the reserve component inspection process.
• Assign operating work orders and follow up with quality control checks on finished work.
• Correctly code all material expenditures and project labor.
• Supervise maintenance staff and monitor their daily progress. Conduct on-the-spot safety inspections and “tailgate” safety meetings in addition to company-scheduled 3rd party formal OSHA safety training.
• In coordination with the general manager, conduct direct-report maintenance personnel performance reviews in accordance with current association policy.
• Coordinate receipt and storage of approved purchases of materials and supplies.
• Monitor MDCA raw materials inventory. Conduct written tool and equipment inventories. Coordinate with the general manager for bulk purchases and large reserve expenditures.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and basic database skills.
• Establish and maintain positive homeowner, staff, and vendor relationships.
• Position requires the ability to work in a field maintenance environment and to carry, push, pull, reach, and lift equipment and parts weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb during field maintenance and repair work, and be able to work in an environment that could produce exposure to some dust and dirt.
• Assists in monitoring the MDCMWA water system, taking corrective measures necessary to ensure a continuous efficient distribution of water operations. Assists in recording well levels, flow-meter readings, and storage facilities. Works with contract water service professionals to ensure system efficiency.
• Responsible to assist in documenting critical water system pressures and water quality.
• In the absence of the Distribution Operator, maintains daily and monthly logs of well-head flows, preventive maintenance and inspection records.
• Assists with water shut-downs and start-ups for maintenance and testing purposes.
• Supervises and assists contract professionals in the preventive maintenance of equipment, including booster pumps, emergency fire pump, chlorinators, water cut-off valves and electrical controller interface systems.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the general manager
Overall Requirements and Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or equivalent certificate.
• Be credentialed, or willing to be credentialed as a CCAM, (Certified Community Association Manager) through the California Association of Community Managers.
• Demonstrated aptitude and ability to learn the water supply system, water distribution system.
• Valid California driver’s license and a safe driving record.
Overall Standard of Conduct:
• Interacts well when working with co-workers, supervisors, and the public in a positive, cooperative, and supportive manner.
• Adheres to the Monterey Dunes Colony Employee Manual.
Applicant must be a CCAM, or willing to become a CCAM, willing to learn and assist with the on-site community water business. Medical/dental/vision insurance, 401K, PTO, education assistance and more. Salary $60 - $70K, DOE