Enjoy working outdoors and on heavy equipment?
Heavy Equipment Field Technician
Do you like to solve technical problems? Are you effective at troubleshooting?
If so, we are looking for a Heavy Equipment Field Technician in Great Falls, MT who will be responsible for providing maintenance and repair of heavy equipment within our territory. If you are seeking a new opportunity in a growing industry, this may be the job for you!
Harnish Group Inc. is the Caterpillar Dealer in central and western Washington, central and eastern Montana, northwestern Wyoming, northwestern North Dakota and the state of Alaska. Our Member Companies are N C Machinery Co., NC The Cat Rental Store, N C Power Systems Co., Tractor & Equipment Co., T&E The Cat Rental Store, and SITECH Northwest Inc., representing Caterpillar, and other manufacturers. We are a family owned and managed company with 1,000+ employees. Our Mission is to help our customers succeed by providing premier business solutions delivered by engaged employees through teamwork and excellence.
- Troubleshoot and perform diagnostic tests on Caterpillar and Allied equipment. Communicate diagnosis in a timely manner with supervisor.
- Interpret results and take corrective actions; determine proper sequence of repairs, control costs and analyze additional repair needs. Exhibit ownership of repair being performed
- Troubleshoot and repair advanced electronics using E.T. and VIMS.
- Remove and install components and parts
- Service, maintain, adjust, and test mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems
- Repair, recondition, and maintain machines / equipment, and engines
- Prepare equipment for delivery
- Maintain excellent customer relations
- Complete the necessary reports in a timely manner
- Responsible for knowing and understanding and adhering to DOT rules and regulations
- Overnight travel required
- Practice Company Values; Customer Focus, Teamwork, Commitment, Respect, Sense of Urgency, Integrity, Safety
- Knowledge of Caterpillar equipment, E.T. and SIS programs
- High school graduate with 3-4 years industry experience preferred
- Must be able to operate heavy equipment for diagnosis purposes and must be able to operate a fork lift
- Have attention to detail, Good organizational skills and be able to prioritize
- Be able to communicate in person and over the phone; good verbal and written communication skills
- Work alone or as a team
- PC Skills required
- Valid Montana driver’s license, CDL license required
Starting wage $25.60. Hourly wage offered based on skills and experience. We offer excellent benefits; medical & dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing / company match, Verizon & AT&T cell phone discount, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, company paid life insurance, vehicle provided, training and support from Caterpillar and team members.Apply online at www.tractorandequipment.com
Harnish Group Inc. and Member Companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
.Apply online at www.tractorandequipment.com/careers