Grant Writer - Bronx
Under the supervision of the CFO, will be responsible for identifying and pursuing growth opportunities for the agency. A strong background in grant writing with the ability to meet deadlines while ensuring quality is required.
- Perform environmental scans for project opportunities
- Coordinate internal and external stakeholders, funders and vendors for successful execution of grants, proposals and offers
- Research and create program models
- Stay aware of emerging research-informed modalities to ensure we have head start of selling to customers
- Transmit information to tutor key staff
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time
- Ensure quality across all projects
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives
- Develop and manage a detailed project plan in Smartsheets or similar software
- Track and report on project progress
- Manage changes to project scope, timeline, and costs
- Measure and communicate project performance
- Report and escalate issues to management as needed
- Create and maintain complete project documentation
- Create task sheet to drive project objectives
- Work collaboratively with varied and multiple agency departments
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 3 years grant writing experience required. Maser's degree strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and project management software
- Demonstrated experience in grant and proposal writing
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to provide own clerical support
- Strong skills in all Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Ability to handle confidential material in a responsible manner
- Valid NYS Driver’s License required
Schedule: Full Time
Regular hours entail 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday. Must be flexible to meet program needs.
As a full time benefits position, staff is eligible to enroll in medical, dental, vision, FSA, supplemental life insurance, critical illness, enhanced short-term disability, and 401(k) benefits.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing.