Share with friends:
Manager, Inside Plant (ISP)JOB SCOPE
Manage all associated Inside Plant activities. Manage staff responsible for the reception, and distribution of off-air, satellite, microwave, and digital transport programming up to the outside plant utilizing coaxial cable, microwave, and fiber optic transmission technologies. This includes the installation, construction, operation and repair of all equipment associated with the HE, Hubs and Optical Transport Network (OTN). Provide direction on day-to-day activities. .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage staff responsible for the reception, and distribution of off-air, satellite, microwave, and digital transport programming up to the outside plant utilizing coaxial cable, microwave, and fiber optic transmission technologies.
- Develop an effective Inside Plant Operations team and assist them with developing their skills and process adherence as to drive a high performance culture and environment
- Responsible for the hiring, firing, training, development, and performance management of staff.
- Ensure all cabling, equipment installation, power and cooling is in compliance with corporate TQA standards
- Ensure field compliance with corporate standards, as well as Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations
- Assist in the budgeting processes.
- Ensure ongoing training for technical personnel
- Establish positive employee relations through effective communication and ongoing support
- Participate in assembling capital budget needs
- Notify senior management of activities and issues
- Handle and resolve difficult issues
- Set priorities for leads and participate in the review of performance of staff
- Ensure all required logs, records and other documentation are in compliance with company and FCC technical requirements
- Manage on-call rotation as necessary
- Perform other duties as requested by manager
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of eight (8) years HeadEnd Engineer, cable technician or Telecom work experience
- Minimum of four (4) years Network Engineering experience
- Minimum of four (4) years Management / supervisory experience
- Minimum of two (2) years Project Management experience
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and safe driving record.
- NCTI Master Technician Certification or SCTE, BDS, BTS, BTCS Certifications, CCNA, CCDA
- Individual has gained pertinent vendor certifications to bolster his or her effectiveness, such as: HVAC (Liebert, Trane, etc.), UPS / Inverter Vendor Certifications (Liebert, Alpha, etc.), Transport Vendor Certifications and Training (Aurora, Cisco, ARRIS, etc.)
- Must be able to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires and to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending, reaching, twisting.
- Should be able to read general system layouts from blue prints and system maps.
- In-depth proficiency of designing, installing and maintaining critical facility systems and service delivery equipment for all products.
- Knowledge of National Electric Code and National Electric Safety Code.
- In-depth understanding of and demonstrated ability to teach advanced video networking, IP networking and DOCSIS.
- Work in a 24x7, fast paced environment
- Work and travel in inclement weather.
- Work performed near power facilities and electricity