- Full Time
- 1407 McCulloch Blvd. N., Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
Find your Passion! Join our Team!
Do you enjoy working with children? Do you want to help make a difference in your community? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a part time Recreation Specialist in our Lake Havasu office! As a Recreation Specialist with Arizona's Children Association, you will have the opportunity to provide day-to-day care and supervision of children and also assisting with the implementation of treatment plans developed by the treatment team.
Founded in 1912, Arizona’s Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and families each year. When working with AzCA, you’ll be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
Find your passion. Join our Team!
• Maintains recreation environment in a safe, orderly, and sanitary manner.
• Maintains a recreation environment that protects physical, mental and emotional health of the children served.
• Supervises children participating in the program during recreational activities to enhance skill development.
• Communicates agency policies, decisions, and goals to internal and external sources.
• Directs and teaches recreational skills and activities to target population.
• Coordinates and supervises recreational activities on and off campus in accordance with licensing standards.
• Organizes and manages program activities which may include ordering supplies, planning menu, purchasing food, preparing food, and clean-up activities.
• Drives agency vehicles as required for program activities in a safe and responsible manner.
• Assesses progress of children through daily notes, participation in team meetings and psychiatric review conferences.
• Completes required reports and notes in a timely and accurate manner.
• Must have knowledge and understanding of sports and recreation for appropriate age groups.
• Knowledge of normal child development.
• Knowledge of and ability to apply child/behavior management techniques.
• Effective written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to communicate, comprehend and perform functions from written and oral instructions.
• Must be able to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment and be sensitive to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
• Must have ability to exhibit mature judgment and emotional stability.
• Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
• Associate’s Degree in Child Development or related field; or High School diploma with relevant experience may be substituted for education.
• Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
• Able to operate common office equipment and have word processing computer skills.
• Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
• Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
• An individual may qualify for this position if the individual is able to “perform safely” the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Indoor/outdoor working conditions with frequent activity.
• Must be able to climb stairs, with frequent standing and moving throughout facility or in the alternative, perform these physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Frequent physical effort (lift/carry up to 35 lbs.).
• Frequent reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling or crouching.
• Must be physically capable to administer approved therapeutic crisis intervention procedures as needed.
• Must be able to physically demonstrate competency in the following areas: operate an agency transport vehicle (unless declared a non-driver).
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer