Sr. Cyber Cloud Security Lead
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
The Rogers Information and Cyber Security Unit is seeking a highly motivated Sr. Cyber Security Lead – Cloud security to join our Governance, Risk and Compliance team. This position would be a person that has deep security knowledge in technology coupled with business acumen. Provides strategic direction to internal business customers, supports cloud technology initiatives, and collaborates with stakeholders to reduce risks across Rogers. Reporting to the Director, Governance ,Risk and Compliance, this role will lead the secure design of platforms in cloud, provide advisory services, and thought leadership across the organization.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Develop long term strategic architecture to ensure security solution meets current and future requirements
- Deep experience with all facets of cloud security, including identity and access management, monitoring, auditing, preventative architectures, data encryption, DDoS Mitigation, and Penetration Testing.
- Conduct security reviews of planned cloud migration initiatives across the organization and produce high quality Threat models for cloud environments clearly articulating risks.
- Research and maintain an extensive knowledge base of current cloud technology advancements, trends and directions and identify the potential threats and exposures.
- Participate in security architecture discussions to work through risk, security, and compliance concerns
- Serve as a senior cyber security consultant to the various lines of businesses by providing subject matter expertise as it relates to new cloud platforms and emerging cloud technologies.
- Educate and communicate cloud security requirements, policies, standards and procedures to business/internal stakeholders as it relates to projects and strategic initiatives..
- Proven knowledge of information technology security, trends, leading practices, regulatory and industry standard compliance issues (PCI, SOX, CSA, PCI, NIST, ISO, IEEE, TCG etc.)
- Undergraduate degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Business Management or related field.
- Expert-level knowledge of I/P/SaaS platforms with 3 years demonstrable experience in each deployment model.
- 5+ years of relationship management and/or leadership experience.
- 10+ years of information security consulting, advisory or training experience, 3 of which are specific to Azure and AWS cloud platforms.
- Previous experience in the telecommunications industry is an asset.
- Worked in Agile delivery teams and environment.
- Worked on large scale cloud based services deployment (including SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) and understand security challenges involved in deploying Cloud Applications and server virtualization/container orchestration technologies.
- Performed threat modeling and design reviews assessing security implications and requirements introducing new technologies.
- Performed security design/architecture reviews, code reviews, and penetration tests of large applications, systems and/or networks.
Required Technical Skills:
- CISSP, CCSP, CRISC or similar cloud certification are preferred
- Excellent initiative, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Strong written and communication skills are required.
- Demonstrable understanding of how to network and develop working relationships with various key stakeholders.
- Strong business and technical acumen.
- Direct experience with developing security metrics, KRIs and KPIs for leadership
- Communicates effectively with meaningful and articulate verbal discussions. Creates clear and coherent written material. Synthesizes information into succinct, concise and logical summaries and reports.
- Ability to work with teams to achieve goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Works well under pressure and time constraints and can prioritize competing priorities appropriately.
- Can work independently with minimal supervision and direction.
- Proven record of accomplishment as a team player and business partner.
- Project management experience, the ability to plan, manage and maintain a complex organization wide program over the long term.
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.