Share with friends:
Pricing & Planning Manager - Ad SalesSpectrum Reach (www.spectrumreach.com) grows businesses of all sizes with custom, multiscreen advertising solutions, backed by the power of TV, data, innovation, community experts, and unforgettable creative.
Leads local pricing and inventory planning in support of the market’s Director of Sales (DoS) and Sales Team. Supports the local team with pricing, yield management and analytical guidance, including setting rates, supporting pre-sales activities, reviewing and approving linear inventory orders, identifying market opportunities, tailoring packages to the local market, and analyzing pricing and inventory utilization. Coordinate with Field Finance to identify specific risks and opportunities to support budgeting and forecasting processes.
Assist the Sales team with identifying salable inventory, evaluating proposed pricing, coordinating multi-market order clearance, providing TIM approvals and coordinating reporting and BI support.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Collaborate with Sales and Pricing, Planning and Inventory (PPI) Leadership on quarterly planning cycles to determine rates for all networks/dayparts and high profile opportunities (HPO). Coordinate rate card loading processes with PPI Analytics team. Update rates during the quarter for individual networks/dayparts experiencing inventory pressure.
- Partner with Sales team to provide input into account planning and proposal design. Work closely with Account Planners to identify inventory opportunities suitable for prospective clients.
- Approves order in TIM. Pre-clears key client orders and revisions in TIM (includes NCC). Pushes order to DoS for approval if rates/spot loads are questionable. Works with Account Executive/Account Coordinator on make-good options if inventory will not clear. Provides one-on-one inventory guidance to AE during proposal creation for key clients.
- Provide concise overviews and clear recommendations surrounding sellout pressure during weekly sales meetings. Monitor/share local daily inventory reports such as Inside Trak, FutureTrak, and TrakStar that show open/sold/available inventory.
- Identify schedules for HPO events (date, time, network, etc.). Ensure daily that all client data is captured correctly. Provide weekly status updates to sales leaders on event performance (sellout pressure, rates). Evaluate best practices, both internally and from other markets, to improve yield on existing inventories.
- Work with local Sales Leadership and PPI Analytics team to identify package configurations (whether designed centrally or locally) to meet significant client needs and track package performance as needed.
- Evaluate pricing and rate card realization levels by zone/interconnect, network and daypart to evaluate progress toward budget goals and relative performance among Spectrum Reach markets. Identify areas of potential improvement and/or high achievement to share with Local Sales team and PPI community.
- 1+ years of Media inventory experience
- 1+ years in a consultative relationships with Sales
- Previous experience in Pricing and Planning strongly preferred
- Works on significant and/or unique problems. Recommends solutions and best practices.
- Exercises independent judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Work independently with no supervision and guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues. May supervise the activities of others, but not supervisor.
- Expert level proficiency in appropriate software applications or technology.
- Expert knowledge of related field.
- Ability to extract data and write queries
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data from multiple sources
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Expert technical knowledge of multiple software and databases (i.e. Excel, Microsoft Word or CSG, Khalik, and EDW)
- Proficiency in preparing executive level reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field or equivalent experience