Part-time Year Round
Room Service Attendant
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assembles orders, delivers and serves food and beverages in a timely fashion to guest rooms or functions in a personable, courteous and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Set up and properly arrange all assigned food and beverage functions, assuring cleanliness, neatness and correctness as well as replenish supplies and reset when necessary.
- Set up and clean areas for house guests, groups, in house and special functions.
- Setup, breakdown and carry tables and chairs in a safe manner.
- Perform cleaning duties and inspect equipment for damage or repair.
- Receive orders from guest and serve in an efficient, timely and professional manner, following guidelines as established.
- Learn standard menu items and daily specials so that you can describe them to the guest in detail and answer any questions that they may have.
- Load and unload Room Service carts, prepare food and beverage items, and serve food and beverage items as needed.
- Deliver items ordered for room service meals and provide table service in guest rooms.
- Anticipate guest needs and meet them before you are asked to do so.
- Perform all of our service steps to provide our guests with the best service possible.
- Interact with guests, at their request for information or directions, in a positive manner and show them to their destination if possible.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times, during your shift and on Mohonk Mountain House property.
- Maintain appropriate company uniform and a clean appearance conforming to the Mohonk Mountain House standards.
- Take responsibility for all Mohonk equipment and supplies. Be careful to prevent loss and abuse of any items you use.
- Maintain a polite and pleasant personality.
- Lift and carry 25-35 lbs. to guest rooms or public areas within the hotel.
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally, fluent with English language suitable for dealing with all levels of employees and guests.
- Work a varying schedule, sometimes on short notice, when needed.
Work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Stand for a minimum of three hours.
- Work without supervision and/or alone when necessary.
- Ensure proper set-up, and replenishment of goods during tea service, coffee breaks, etc. and inspect with a natural or corrected vision.
- Drive, park, and backup vehicles safely ranging in size from utility carts to full size vans using only side mirrors.
- Safely handle sterno and hot items with care
- Push a full food cart that weighs up to 200 lbs. at a distance of about 50 yards without assistance.
- Handle dishes and glassware carefully.
- Negotiate stairs up and down, and uneven pathways while carrying full trays.
- Work under crowded noisy conditions and to navigate around guests with loaded trays and potentially hot items.
- Conduct routine Inventory of stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Valid New York State driver's license or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Food and Beverage or Hospitality industry a plus.