Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Hudson River HealthCare provides the highest quality comprehensive primary, preventive, and behavioral health services to all who seek it, regardless of insurance status and ability to pay, especially for the underserved and vulnerable. Hudson River Health Center (HRHCare) a Federally Qualified, Non-For-Profit Health Center serving communities in Suffolk County. HRHCare is currently seeking the following healthcare professional. We are currently seeking a full-time Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner tosupport our team at ourAmityville, Brentwood, Coram, Patchogue and Riverheadsites in Suffolk County.
A Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner provides psychiatric clinical services for patients. Performs job duties in compliance with systems and job specific standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult with MD/LCSW on patients in the Impact Model, via telephone encounter, ECW consult, and/or with patient visits, as needed to address depression and anxiety
- Consult with MD on medication management, via telephone encounter, ECW consult, and/or visit with patient as needed to address BH concerns
- Provide medication management for active HRHCare Patients
- Provide clinical care (medication management/psych evaluations) for patients to support efforts to achieve care plan goals, in support of ongoing care by MD/LCSW, with referral back to ongoing care with clinical team
- Provide provider education on medication management and other related topics
- Participate in case conferencing with LCSW/MD and care teams
- Psych evaluation of pain management patients who are also prescribed psychotropic medications or at the request of their treating physician, in compliance with HRHCare pain management regulations
- Approval of treatment plans for patients in BH care at HRHCare (NYS regulation by an MD)
- Participate in efforts to support HRHCares primary care and BH integration efforts
- Ensure appropriate transitions of care with external Article 31 providers, hospitals, etc
- Respond to HRHCare clinical teams for crisis intervention
- Interviews, diagnoses and evaluates patients referred for psychiatric assessment
- Oversees treatment by all mental health clinical
- Participates as a team member in conferences concerned with diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Writes reports and documentation as required
- Consults with other mental health and medical provider staff regarding treatment of patients.
- Prescribes psychotropic medication as needed and monitors its effectiveness
- Provides in-service training to professional and paraprofessional staff
- Reviews case records to monitor quality of care
- Must demonstrate knowledge and skill necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growthand development over the life span
- Must be able to identify and categorize each patients age specific grouping of needs, such as those for infant, adolescent, or geriatric patients
- Must be familiar with the process of addiction
Minimum Education Requirement:
Minimum Work Related Experience:
Licensure/ Certification/ Registration Requirement:
License as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in New York State
License to practice medicine in New York State
CPR/ BLS certified
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
Ability to communicate in English/Spanish (orally and written); Spanish preferred.
We are a network of 40 community and migrant health centers located in Peekskill, Beacon, Poughkeepsie, Amenia, Dover Plains, Pine Plains, Hudson, Middletown, New Paltz, Goshen, Greenport, Haverstraw, Spring Valley, Nyack, Monticello, Walden and Yonkers, Amityville, Southampton, Wyandanch, Shirley, Patchogue, Coram, Huntington, Brentwood, Riverhead. and the five boroughs.Annually, we serve over 185,000 patients and over 500,000 encounters.
We offer a competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, Life and AD&D insurance, ongoing training opportunities and a wellness program.
Interested candidates please submit your resume.